New from SE Michigan!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Venomous

Reaction score
Whatsup everyone!?!? Just picked up my first Jeep ever. Went with the Liberty well because that's all I could afford and I'm not much into Wranglers... tried for the Grand Cherokee... but alas... too much money.

I haven't taken any pics of it yet. But, it's all black. I love it so far. It's a 2011 and I just hit 200 miles today... got it last Monday. I work for Chrysler and I'm an Engine Dyno Technician. So I test these engines all day everyday.

I would like to make it, well... for lack of better words, more manly. LOL! I'd like to get some black wheels for it, maybe some MT off road wheels or something like that, so if anyone has pics or a set for sale, I'd be interested in checking them out.

Glad to be here! Hope to talk to you all soon!

Patrick

OH! and P.S. What are some tips or things I can add on, i.e. cold air kit or K&N that can give me better gas mileage. I mean I have the 3.7L and I think I'd get better mileage with the Hemi!!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of jeeps and the forum.

The 3.7L does just fine moving the porky 4,000lb + unaerodynamic shaped like a brick jeep. To do this it has a powerband that developes torque lower in the rpm range than a lot of other v-6's and burning up more fuel in the process. You might get some improvement in fuel economy as it breaks in.

Enjoy the Jeep for the fun it is and that it will take you anywhere and back no matter the weather.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
On the line, yes. Worth it? No.... to me it's just a job. Not a career like the other older people who are stuck there...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome !
You'll have to make it down below the border to one of our M&Gs we have, we let Marlon come down on a day pass sometimes and then we do weird things to his KK! :whip:
Oh and forget about wasting your hard earned money on CAIs and esp. K&N air filters

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm in SE MI as well, although, I work for the competition at GM Tech Center.

I have a buddy up in IT at CTC. There's a "JeepGeeks" group up there, mostly wranglers, that hit the trails a few times a year. I've tagged along a couple of times...fun group of guys.

What area do you work in?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A profit is a profit no matter how much it is. ;)

(One-time debt pay-off charges don't count.)

Disagree...that's like saying a 4x4 is a 4x4, no matter how capable it is...in that case, my buddy's Grand Vitara is on par with the KJ ;)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Actually, those Grand Vitaras and 1st generation Kia Sportages aren't that bad offroad. That is... if they are 4x4. ;)

Venomous, help me out here!
:p

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Heck I take my wifes Rav 4 places in Tanzania that a lot of people here would never think of taking their KJs/KKs
Of course you have to or walk several miles to her parents house:shrug: