New Frankenlift Need Wheels To Complement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellinas

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just joined the board, so here goes my first question. I ordered a Frankenlift for my '06 Liberty Renegade. Can someone help me with the proper wheel & tire size to complement the Frankenlift configuration? What I need to know is, what size/width rim & tire package will fit in such a way that they are as wide as the stock bolted fender flares? I've read so much varying opinion on this topic, but I cant make sense of it? Offset, rubbing, lug pattern, etc., I'm lost. After reading alot of info on the Lifts available, Frankenlift seems to be the right decision. Any help is greatly appreciated. I make burgers for a living, I don't know much of this stuff. By the way, I don't do any ******** off-roading, or rock-crawling. I'm just trying to achieve the look. Thanks!

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245/75R16 is what most people run on a lifted Jeep.

You can put them on the stock rims.

If you get new rims stick with 16x8" w/ 5" backspacing. Jeep Rubicon wheel and tires seem to be popular. They are a 245/75R16 Goodyear MTR on a 16x8" w/ 5" backspacing aluminum rim.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can afford the change in mpg (about 2-3 mpg) the taller tires work, less change if you run something with a tread pattern like the Brigestone Revos. You'll lose some power in everyday driving. You can also just go wider and stay the same diameter like a 245/70 or similar diameter/wider and have less change in mpg, they still look good under a Frankenlift and you still have your power and torque for everyday driving.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. why are cragars rated
You must be registered for see images

Ellinas

Reaction score
Hello again. Thank you all for your responses. I was out of town, that's why there was a delay in my return to the topic.
The info provided is very helpful. I think I'm going to go with something with less impact on fuel consumption as well as torque and power. I'm told that some times you may need to change the ring & pinion, or something, to maintain the right torque and power combination. Anyone hear that before? Thanks again. I'll post some pics when its all done.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ellinas said:
Hello again. Thank you all for your responses. I was out of town, that's why there was a delay in my return to the topic.
The info provided is very helpful. I think I'm going to go with something with less impact on fuel consumption as well as torque and power. I'm told that some times you may need to change the ring & pinion, or something, to maintain the right torque and power combination. Anyone hear that before? Thanks again. I'll post some pics when its all done.

Yes, quite common. However it is quite expensive.. around 1000+ dollars. Honestly with only an upgrade from 29" to 31" tires it is really not necessary. For most people it is a small difference and not worth the money. If you where going larger than 31" then a gear swap becomes more important, but fuel milage and torque are effected as much by just the increased ride height, weight of the tire, and aggressive thread pattern than the stock gearing.

moose

Reaction score
I've got 235/85r16 (32") and they are as tall as you would want to go. Bumper trimming is required, and they haven't been on a trail yet, but Saturday is coming soon! If this is your daily driver, get some BFG AT/KO's in 245/75 and you will be happy.