New Exhaust and Hood Louvers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntreado

Reaction score
Hey im getting new exhaust and hood louvers for my birthday in a week! Im getting my exhaust at a local car shop with a good price. Im going to get dual exhaust out the back, any tips about the process? Also for the hood louvers, im not sure what a standard price is, but rocky-road.com/kjlouver.html has them at $155. Those are also the only place i've seen the kind i want. Do you have any other sites that sell them, and is this a good price? Thanks

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of exhaust you installing? Name brand muffler or somethin off the shops shelf? Post up some pics and a video so we can hear it.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your Jeep 4X4? Do you go off road? If so, I would go with single exhaust. Pipe and muffler clearance is tight with a transfer case.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhuast huh? Cool. I run an MBRP cat back stainless single. It rocks. nana.gif As for the louvers, there's a few on the forum that installed GTP louvers. I'm going to assume that those a wrecking yard finds, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP because they mentioned getting them for like $20. Looks like they fit well and look pretty good too.

ntreado

Reaction score
Yeah just something custom off the shelves. My jeep is 4x4, i have not gone off road yet but i will get into it sometime :D I will put up pics and video when its all done in about a month probably.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RRO hood vents are a direct copy of RunCool's,that's what that idiot company does,look for the good products and cheaply copy them to make a quick buck.

I'd personally go through RunCool for the vents,at least there customer service is 100000000000000000000000% better.

Rock Lizard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RRO hood vents are a direct copy of RunCool's,that's what that idiot company does,look for the good products and cheaply copy them to make a quick buck.

I'd personally go through RunCool for the vents,at least there customer service is 100000000000000000000000% better.

Or even better yet, they sell products for a company and tag them as their own, calling them a louvre by their own name when they are a company they vend for. Or they like to use pictures from the website of the company they are making exact copies of the product from. And then they charge more for the same product whether they make it or are a vendor. You decide, here is some help, just look at the website for the Run Cool louvres that Troy is talking about and wonder where the RRO website pictures come from: http://www.raceace.com/

And, I would agree by direct from the source, as Run Cool was an official LOST Jeep Safari Sponsor in 2009 and provided a raffle prize for the event, RRO was too busy copying other peoples products to participate.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RaceAce link....

Hey RL, nice to see you back on here. Thanks for the link, I've added it to my favorites and put the louvers on my shopping list. Wicked cool, thanks.

Have to add.... Just checked out the RRO webpage and have to say.... Way to go RRO. You've just lost what little respect I did have for you. What RRO has done is bordering on plaigerism or copy right infringement and just plain not cool. Unlike the louvers, which are plenty cool as long as I don't get them from RRO. You know all those posts I made about RRO UCAs and that they haven't screwed me over and blah blah blah. I wish to withdraw those statments. Little harsh, but neccessary.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
It's bad enough that Rocky Road cloners rips off and duplicates other companies
product, but to use the original companies photo and then paste their name on it!

It surprises me that RRO didn't use the photograph of Troy's KJ!

All one can do is continue to bad mouth RRO and boycott them!

The ****** bag that owns RRO will never see one cent of my money!

Last edited:

ntreado

Reaction score
Ok for the exhaust, im thinking about dual with 2.5 inch piping and 3 inch tips cut at a 45 degree angle. Does anyone have pics of their tips cut at an angle like this? Also tjkj, there is some padding under the hood that would prevent me from cutting into it for the hood louvers. Should i just take it completely off or cut a section out or what? Thanks a lot :D

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Ok for the exhaust, im thinking about dual with 2.5 inch piping and 3 inch tips cut at a 45 degree angle. Does anyone have pics of their tips cut at an angle like this? Also tjkj, there is some padding under the hood that would prevent me from cutting into it for the hood louvers. Should i just take it completely off or cut a section out or what? Thanks a lot :D

Just remove the whole under hood "Blanket".
That thing is there to reduce under hood noise.
It also keeps the heat under the hood.