New driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yosemite.kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed some auxiliary lights front and back. I found some that fit in the factory fog light mounting points. The mopar ones are about $150, I found this pair at napa for $50. They are Navigator NV-602W in the front. The back one is a navigator also, don't remember the model, they were on sale for $20.

They were super easy to install. For the front I had to bend the mounting tab on the light inward a bit to make them fit. I cut the black plastic piece on the inside of the grill along the bend, (see pic's) so I can re-install it if I want. Be careful!!! When you undo the clips for the grill above the headlights, or they might break like mine. Noooooo dam it! (see pic's) The back light is just bolted to the bumper, I used some fender washers.

They work great on the trail, the front lights don't bounce around like the one's I had mounted on the flimsy front plastic bumper before.
I didn't want to go into a detailed "how to" (wiring/grounding points and such) Just where and how I installed the lights, and a couple of tips.

2007 with 93,000:
1/2 in. clevis lift w/one pair of extra rear iso's. (A $25 lift)
245/70R16 Hankook DynaPro A/T tires
Other Stuff

Attachments

• DSCN1963.JPG
    DSCN1963.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN1965.JPG
    DSCN1965.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN1966.JPG
    DSCN1966.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN1967.JPG
    DSCN1967.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN1968.JPG
    DSCN1968.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 70

JeepKj03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch those back lights. They look like the same type I had up front on my bumper and they are junk. They lasted about a year before the lens started to get water in them. I got tiered of them and just took them off last month. I hope the best for you. I do have to say it is nice to have lights in the back while wheeling at night.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I just installed some auxiliary lights front and back. I found some that fit in the factory fog light mounting points. The mopar ones are about $150, I found this pair at napa for $50. They are Navigator NV-602W in the front. The back one is a navigator also, don't remember the model, they were on sale for $20.

They were super easy to install. For the front I had to bend the mounting tab on the light inward a bit to make them fit. I cut the black plastic piece on the inside of the grill along the bend, (see pic's) so I can re-install it if I want. Be careful!!! When you undo the clips for the grill above the headlights, or they might break like mine. Noooooo dam it! (see pic's) The back light is just bolted to the bumper, I used some fender washers.

They work great on the trail, the front lights don't bounce around like the one's I had mounted on the flimsy front plastic bumper before.
I didn't want to go into a detailed "how to" (wiring/grounding points and such) Just where and how I installed the lights, and a couple of tips.

2007 with 93,000:
Other Stuff

Looks good!
How do you like the blue lens'
Navigator lighting is OEM on allot of production vehicles.
Pretty good stuff for the price!

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I've been looking for an inexpensive fog that will fit in the oe spot. I may add a rear for just daily use also.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advanced Auto Parts has 'em for $29.99. I'll be getting a set when i'm out tomorrow.
also need to invest in a set of switches so everything is the same.

simond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice job...does the blue lens help a lot in Off road condition ?

yosemite.kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
driving lights

Thanks for all the feed back guys. Actually the light is simulated HID white light, the light that comes out is not blue. They are whiter than the jeeps headlights. On thing I've noticed is they get quite hot, not to keen on that as they are mounted to plastic. I was using them as daytime and nighttime driving lights, don't think I will be using them during the day in the summer, just to be on the safe side. So far I like them just fine for $50 bucks, lets see how they last. If I have any problems, I'll let you guys know. Again, thanks for the feed back everyone.

2007 with 93,00:
Other Stuff