New brush guard opinions wanted!

New Brush guard opinions

• I Love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looks stupid.

• It's just ok... maybe a differnt color?

• Better without the lights.

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just installed this brush guard as my first of many more mods to come.

What do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, but washing of the bumper & grille areas appear to be "tight"...does not appear to be a lot of room between the guard and body areas.
Greg

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. You're right the area is tight between the grill and the front. I washed it today and couldn't get the car wash brush behind it. But washing by hand with a sponge won't be a problem.

As for the winch, I think so for two reasons. The ledge holding the lights is flat and will accept a mount for a winch. You can't really see it in the photos but the guard also has a top brace that runs under the hood and bolts to the top of the engine bay (as well as the frame on the bottom) It's rock solid.

copenhagen6

Reaction score
Stainless Stell bumper cover.

I saw a liberty that had what looked to be a stainless steel bumber cover that would go in the same location as the tag, or the front tag would attach to it. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually bought it new off of eBay from this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...cmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ7988127929

As for the brand, it's a Longtek (80249B) with Pilot lights. The bars covering the headlights are removeable. I'm not sure if they've got any for '05 yet. The hood is different so I'd imagine it wouldn't have the up-rounded sides.

http://www.ramoffroad.com/blacksafariguards.asp?make=jeep

A word of advisement to anyone thinking about this guard: The seller is very nice and communicates great. The guard fits nice and snug but be warned that I had to do some grinding on the mounting brackets because they were slightly off alignment. So factor this is to your install (time).

Charger

Reaction score
I'd vote for a larger, wrap around "bushwacker" style brush guard.
The small, near oval extensions for the headlights looks silly. (IMO)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.