New 07 Liberty for me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to this forum. I recently replaced my VW Passat with a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport! I picked it up for under $9000 with 108k miles on it. The Liberty is midnight blue pearl. It's in great condition for it's mileage and has minimum paint issues. A woman was the previous owner and she took very good care of it. It has the 6 speed standard transmission.

I'm done some minor upgrades. Ordered the rubber floor mats, seat covers, and installed a new Kenwood stereo. The stock speakers are pretty decent and that's coming from my old VW's Monsoon system.

Anyway. I just wanted to say hi. I wouldn't mind doing some more advanced upgrades. I'll post a pic later.

James

Reaction score
Here's a shot when it was at the dealer before I bought it.

james-albums-pics-picture4388-07-liberty.jpg

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sexy and damn clean libby :) Now give him a name, and never, ever call it a car, it's a jeep ;) Every time you call it a car, a kitty die and a new prius hit the road.

James

Reaction score
I killed my Passat driving into a flash flood that ended up being over 12 inches deep. The engine took on water and I blew a rod through the oil pan. I like how the air intake is very high on the Libby!

It's such a ****** used car market. I'm very happy with this find. The whole repair history was on carfax so I know it's been maintained well. The dealer is also one of the better ones in NJ as far as I can tell. It came with 3 free oil changes and I bought an extended warranty so I think I'm in good shape in case anything goes wrong.

Nothing could be worse then my old 03 Passat. I repaired so many pieces of that car it was on the road to bankrupting me.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say once you start the mods on your Liberty it doesn't stop. It's a Jeep thing but now that you own one you will understand. Nice Jeep and welcome aboard.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks great, James! :D

I bought a used 2007 in May and we are still on our honeymoon period. I think you'll find a lot to like about your new Jeep. :happy107:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

That's a nice looking KJ - you'll have a lot of fun with it but don't expect Passat-like mileage. As others on here have said, our Libertys are rolling bricks and they weren't built for fuel mileage - they'e JEEPS!

Ask questions and let us know what mods you are thinking about for the future and we'll give you some real-world experience to guide you along. :icon_mrgreen:

Bob

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's 'Patriot Blue'(same color as mine), James, and welcome aboard. You'll really appreciate that tall stance, once you start treading water....these have a 20" height clearance for the intake, although I went through a 24" deep mud-puddle....still have the water-line mark to prove it!

James

Reaction score
I inadvertently got some offroading in this weekend. The Jeep handled well! I want to find some places in NJ to take it offroad for real. I hear the Pine Barrons have some good trails. It would also be cool to take it on the beach but they want $50 for the license to do that in Island Beach State Park. I'll have to take up ocean fishing to make it worth while.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a few folk over here in NJ, they probably know the good place and maybe you'll end up off-roading with some one :p

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I inadvertently got some offroading in this weekend. The Jeep handled well! I want to find some places in NJ to take it offroad for real. I hear the Pine Barrons have some good trails. It would also be cool to take it on the beach but they want $50 for the license to do that in Island Beach State Park. I'll have to take up ocean fishing to make it worth while.

I for one can find just about any reason to go fishing - being able to take my Jeep on the beach AND fish for some stripers or blues?

Yea baby :peace:

Bob