New 06 Renegade Owner w/ Tire Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeBullitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have searched but I cant really find exactly what I am looking for. My question is, if I get a 2.5" lift and I get some 31X10.5 tires will I need to run wheel spacers or anything on my stock Renegade 5 spoke wheels?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most run a 245-75-16 ( actually a 30.5 inch tall tire) with a 2.5 to 3 inch lift. Depending on the tires ( tread pattern etc) you may not have any problems,BUT You may have to pound over the pinch weld at the rear of the front tires and possibly trim some of the front bumper at the lower part

Also depends on what lift you are getting, for example an 06 with a Daystar then possibly more problems, or say a Frankenlift then no problems

so we need to know what type of lift and what type of tires to give you a more educated answer

Welcome to ...mmm had to look where I was KJC!!!

Last edited:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
avoid running spacers... more likely to rub. at full turn it's put the shoulder of your tire closer to the pinch weld, and on the rear at articulation, the shoulder of the tire will be just that much more into your flares. oh, and 90% or more of tire or mechanic shops will not do any tire or suspension work on your rig if you have spacers... insurance reasons...

RenegadeBullitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I plan on going with the OME lift here in a few weeks with some new tires but I did not want to have to change my rims.

Latest posts

Members online