New 03 Liberty sport from ND

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fullmetalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Heath, I'm from ND. Recently purchased an 03 Liberty sport with 73xxx miles on it to replace our Subaru. I'm new to the liberty but not to jeeps, i previously owned a 1996 Grand with a 2inch OME lift and BFG's, and a 89 cherokee with a 4.5in lift and 33in BFG's. Did both of those lifts myself. We bought the Liberty for 8200$ with a year and 18k miles left on a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty.

I've put about 300 miles on it since having it. In the last couple days i have:

Changes sparkplugs with autolite platinum +2's ( i believe the originals were still in there)
Changed headlight bulbs to silverstar ultra
Changed oil with mobil 1 5w-30 (as it gets very cold here)
Put in new fram 12k mile air filter
Buffed out haze from drivers side headlight
painted the rusty steel wheels a satin black

and got a pretty good read on fuel mileage
298.2mi/14.42 gal = 20.68 mpg (mostly highway driving with some hills around 65-75 degrees F)

Looking forward to spending more time putting a good buff and wax on the jeep to protect the paint and maybe some mods in the future. Hope to have some pics up later today. Also a quick question, i have some hella 500's that i never got around to putting on another vehicle, how hard is it to get the front bumper cover off and mount them there. Thanks in advance.

Heath

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.........

Dave

fullmetalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few pics i took with my ipad, so not the highest quality, but it was all i had at the time.

Attachments

• jeep field.jpg
    jeep field.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
  • jeep field two.jpg
    jeep field two.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 10
  • jeep grill.jpg
    jeep grill.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 10
  • jeep in the woods.jpg
    jeep in the woods.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 10

staggerlee41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Those are some great photos and one fine looking KJ! Beautiful country where you are. I wish you many miles of fun :)

fullmetalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently located on a farm between fargo and grand forks, but contemplating am move as we are quite a ways from both of our places of employment.

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
I lived in Fargo for three years but traveled to the various little towns pretty much every day. I still keep ND plates on my car because its cheaper than CT and no emissions!
Loved it for the most part except for the whole "colder than a witch's ___" thing.

I'm currently located on a farm between fargo and grand forks, but contemplating am move as we are quite a ways from both of our places of employment.

fullmetalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the cold can become a factor. My cherokee let me know when it was 20 below by spitting oil out of the area where the filter housing connected to the block. Only did it if it got to be 20 below or colder. Very odd. I'm in mayville.