Nerf (Step) Bars 02 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Easily caught on stuff if you plan on offroading. Increases damage. That's the reason I'd remove them. I'm fortunate that my KJ didn't have them when I bought it.

rlt2011

Reaction score
i plan on lifting my kj, and im not the tallest in the world....plus the weather around here is nasty, so being able to step out on a rail or onto a rail over a mud puddle or ice is nice.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm 5'4"... and have a moderately lifted KJ. I have no real issues getting in/out of the vehicle.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They basically suck off road for sure. My friend has an '02 Renegade with them on it.

But hell, if you want them, to each his own. But no, sadly I have no experience with those. Perhaps demand a return based on crappy quality?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It is nice to have something to step on , my Mother who is almost 80 , had both knees replaced and 5'1" uses my rock rails to get in mine all the time.
Those nerf-step bars rust very fast and are not that good at all

Last edited:

ck2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of westin one's and id say they are basically useless unless you go out of your way to use them. Mine aren't quite made for a liberty and they are a little to far underneath the kj to really use so mine are basically wannabe rock sliders but i agree they do drag on alot of stuff and rust pretty easy just like everything else on the kj!