Need to check my jeeps manliness?

Cool enough

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepMasterRace

Reaction score
So I saw this forum and realized that I am not the only one who is in love with their jeep. Knowing I had to join this group of like minded people, I signed up.
I need help. My little sister got a new car, and now people are messing with me, saying it's cooler. It's a dang Chevy Equinox, probably one of the lamest vehicles I've ever seen next my jeep! I love my jeep, and while it is not in mint condition it definitely is a very nice vehicle. How can I make sure people think my ride is bad a**? Do you think there is anything I can do? It would not let me upload multiple pics and it was kind of dark so I will post more tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 51

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what other people think of your vehicle. What sets you apart from others is that there vehicle was bough, not built and that's all that matters. You car is manly when you put your blood sweat and tears into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepMasterRace

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what other people think of your vehicle. What sets you apart from others is that there vehicle was bough, not built and that's all that matters. You car is manly when you put your blood sweat and tears into it

I appreciate the honest response. I'm mainly just wondering what I can do to make my jeep cooler. You wouldn't believe the work I've put into it and it only being stock.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some trail rash. Wheel the thing. Drive it like you stole it. And enjoy the fact their jaws will drop when the XJ/TJ couldn't make it but you could.... (happened many times to me now)

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I appreciate the honest response. I'm mainly just wondering what I can do to make my jeep cooler. You wouldn't believe the work I've put into it and it only being stock.

If you get any ideas from this, here's my jeep.
You must be registered for see images attach

The last one is a crappy picture lol that's all I have.

I'm thinking about doing a 2" spring lift then putting bigger tires on it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
When I get back home I'll post a few pictures, small 2.5 inch lift, some wheels and larger tires turn a very subdued looking KJ into a good looking fide,.........of course thats my 2 cents but.....

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a couple of inches makes all the difference.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JeepMasterRace

Reaction score
The fact that you are asking this question leads me to ask - are you man enough for your jeep?

While I may have asked if it was manly enough, I was just seeing if I needed to make sure that there was no doubt in anyone's mind that my jeep would absolutely destroy the other car if they were put head to head. And I'm just looking for upgrade ideas that are cheap to start off with.

JeepMasterRace

Reaction score

Wanna sell? nice jeep tejee

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you think your jeep is cool, then your jeep is cool. People make fun of my libby at first but once they go for a ride they tend to change there mind.

JeepMasterRace

Reaction score
For some reason I can't post any pictures right now, will try later. After cleaning and thinking about it, my jeep is pretty daRn cool.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
This is how I make mine stand out and of course with me driving it, there is no way for it to look any more manly . :winner_third_h4h:
You start with something like this 03 I picked up last fall

and a couple of hours work it looks like this

and with my 04 never had anyone call it a girly car or grocery getter , or not be manly enough

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
By the way I voted needs some work since there never was any vehicle made that couldn't use some personal touches to make it your own
Of course after doing that for the last 46 years and thinking back on how much was spent, I could be living in the South of France very comfortably:emotions34::happy175:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanna sell? nice jeep tejee

I don't think I'll ever sell it any time soon lol. She's my baby and I love this jeep. I'll keep it even if I buy a new vehicle or I get a decent offer. I've put around somewhere to 19,000$ in it including the price I paid for it from my grandpa. The blood sweat and tears I put into it are priceless

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I may have asked if it was manly enough, I was just seeing if I needed to make sure that there was no doubt in anyone's mind that my jeep would absolutely destroy the other car if they were put head to head. And I'm just looking for upgrade ideas that are cheap to start off with.

I was just ragging you :)

When it comes to mods, even with a lift (and mine is the OME plus a bit - about 2.5") you won't have the ground clearance of a Landcruiser or LR Defender, so I'd strongly recommend good Skid plates - I have Skid Row on all but the tank, which is an Asfir plate, but there are others. Rock rails with a tree bar are also handy. It pretty much depends what you want to use it for, and what you get into later.

After that, take a breath and see how it goes. I nearly forgot to mention decent AT tyres. Mine are the stock 235/70R16 and are the General Grabber AT model. I didn't feel the need to go larger.

It is very easy to get carried away and throw money at it; also VERY easy to start in on a project without carefully thinking it through, and then finding that you HAVE to throw money at it to get it finished - a mistake I learned from years ago rebuilding a bike.

TannerC32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Really nice looking Jeep. Assuming those are leather seat covers? What type are they, I've been looking at possible seat covers for my 05 but haven't found any that look like that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online