Need suggestions for Seat and Steering Wheel Covers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Giddyup's leather saddle is well worn but also starting to crack ... so its time for ANOTHER seat cover thread.

I am looking for a set that is well fitted and good looking and that is made from a durable material that preferable still breathes, in that order of importance.

NOT interested in anything that sags or droops over time ... already have a pair of those at home. :rolleyes:

After looking at various threads, it seems like its a good choice between

Dash Designs
Cal Trends
Iggee

I think I like the Iggees best, but would love to hear from people about which seat coverts they like and why, PARTICULARLY about fitment and durability over time.

ALSO open to other suggestions....TIA

Last edited:

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, like the title says, also looking for suggestions for a nicely made steering wheel cover.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I picked out a (hopefully) REAL leather steering wheel cover that I will stitch on but STILL need suggestions for the seat covers.

Anyone??

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat covers that I've seen are always cheap and nasty, if you can find a decent car trimmer then you could get your existing seat repaired.

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the carhart seatsaver covers.
They are a tad pricey but I have had mine for 4 years, I take them off and wash them a couple times a year. They still look brand new, they fit perfectly, and assuming you like 1 of the 2 color options, they check all of your boxes.

We used this same brand/material at an electrical contractor I worked for, it is the ONLY seat cover that could stand up to the abuse those guys put on trucks and vans. Even under that abuse they lasted years before we would need to replace them and these would leave screwdrivers and sharp stuff in their pockets all the time. After seeing them work there, I put them in all of my vehicles because I too was tired of the junk all the local stores sell falling apart every year.

Jeeper-Creeper

Reaction score
Iggee seat covers.
I have these in my car and my mom's car, and they don't look like seat covers.
Moms is the grey and mine is the black.

Attachments

• moms car.jpg
    moms car.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 15

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iggee seat covers.
I have these in my car and my mom's car, and they don't look like seat covers.
Moms is the grey and mine is the black.

Ya that is impressive...I do like those Iggee seat covers and will likely go with them. Got a coupke more questions for ya--

What year is your Libby?

How long have you had those installed?

Do you happen to have a pic of the back of the front seats??

TIA :)

Last edited:

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the carhart seatsaver covers.
They are a tad pricey but I have had mine for 4 years, I take them off and wash them a couple times a year. They still look brand new, they fit perfectly, and assuming you like 1 of the 2 color options, they check all of your boxes.

We used this same brand/material at an electrical contractor I worked for, it is the ONLY seat cover that could stand up to the abuse those guys put on trucks and vans. Even under that abuse they lasted years before we would need to replace them and these would leave screwdrivers and sharp stuff in their pockets all the time. After seeing them work there, I put them in all of my vehicles because I too was tired of the junk all the local stores sell falling apart every year.

Thanks for posting that...its good to know that those Carhartts are tough, and I certainly dont mind the colors...

That said, even the advertising pictures of them at the website that you linked to show them loose and saggy...no way I could go for that since I'm already dealing with a pair of those at home. ;)

Need something form fitting for sure.
Likely the Iggees ... if my local upholsterer wants too much $$.

Here are just a couple of the pix for the Carhartts on Covercrafts website and they are ALL like this :eek:

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jeeper-Creeper

Reaction score
The Black ones are on a 04 and the grey are on a 05. The Black ones are over 10 years old and still looks new. But I do take care of them with conditioner. The Grey are 3 years and I take care of those also and look new. The 04 seats are rounded at the top and the 05 are square.

Attachments

• thumbnail 04(2).jpg
    thumbnail 04(2).jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 10

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^
NICE ... they go all the way down the back AND still have a storage pocket!!!
Thanks for the additional pics!!

Last edited: