Need Pictures of Clevis Spacers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully the OP gets back on here and finds out that they didn't do what he asked them to

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. It really looked like that yellow area was a spaced out section in the pic he posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The yellow space is the lip on bilstein struts. Here's my bilstein with 3 ring clevis
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I will contact them tomorrow morning when they open.

Nothing I can do about it at this time. Pretty frustrated.

They didn't do as you requested , so they need to make it right, after all they proclaimed they knew what they were doing. You have to wonder what else they did or didn't do. Did you get UCAs installed as well ?

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They didn't do as you requested , so they need to make it right, after all they proclaimed they knew what they were doing. You have to wonder what else they did or didn't do. Did you get UCAs installed as well ?

Yes they installed the UCAs as well. Those appear to be gtg. Not sure about the rear shock bushings.

I called as soon as they opened and they claimed that the tech didn't install them because it would negatively affect camber and just didn't tell anyone about it (but also didn't return the part to the customer...........). I'm assuming the tech threw away the alignment instructions that came with the UCAs to get proper alignment. I have an appointment Monday to get them installed (unless you guys think I can just unbolt the fork, and do it myself without having to realign). I will take a picture of the rear shocks, and UCAs so you guys can take a look. Doing that now.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK we'll back up a bit here.
You need to find out if the tech tightened the UCAs while hanging in the air or on the ground with full weight on everything. Without adding the clevis lift you should not be in the 23 inch range unless those were tightened while hanging ( needs to be done with full weight on) .
Also if you install the clevis now you will be too high ( if yuo are at 23 inches) and will also need another alignment .
Lots of questions here as to what they did and did not do and how.
Did you say they installed these everyday.....:ROFLJest:yeah right

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my rear Bilsteins where installed the shop didn't install the little bushing kit. I had to go back in and re do it myself which was really easy. Not sure if it was just me but I could tell easily becasue it made a knocking noise any time I went over bumps in the rear. At first I thought I had an issue with my upper rear control arm bushing or sway bar. Removed the rear sway and it still knocked. Then I found the little baggy with the bushings still in it in the back of the truck in the little mesh side pocket. After I installed those, the knocking was gone.

I too had a couple issues letting a shop install mine so you are not alone. At the time I lived in an apartment next to the main office. Wasn't allowed to work on vehicles at all in the parking lot and I had no-where to go to try doing it myself. I would have preffered doing it myself though becasue I am in the position where I want to learn as much as possible as I go. Now I have my own place though so I can finally do what I want and post up here when I can't figure crap out lol

Last edited:

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attached are pictures of the UCAs and the rear shocks.

The measurement from the middle of the wheel cap to the bottom of the fender is 22 3/4".

I have not noticed any knocking noise at all. The bushings appear to be installed.

Attachments

• 20140708_104934.jpg
    20140708_104934.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20140708_104920.jpg
    20140708_104920.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20140708_104853.jpg
    20140708_104853.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: