Need Help with a decision.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
I am in desperate need of tire. Like in the next month or ill be driving around dangerously. I am also a little shy on cash and this deal popped up or Craigslist.
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/1944697001.html
I would like some man tires but I cant afford them right now. SOOOOOOO
Should I just get these for $100 as that is a pretty great price? Or continue looking for a deal? BTW yes i am aware that they are Neptune Experience Tires. But im in need my friends.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, a deal's a deal...and if you need tires, that's a heck of a deal. only thing i would look out for is if they are made in usa or not. never heard of that brand, but i'll be honest, i bought my KJ used and it has 4 tires on it that i've never heard of either, and so far so good. :)

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
Local guy down the road from my shop will mount and balance for a free lunch so i think im gonna do it.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Buy em, save money for good tires, and sell em for $100 when you get new rubber :p

Wet traction is going to be awful...we sold a clone of that tire at an old employer and they were downright scary.

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
Buy em, save money for good tires, and sell em for $100 when you get new rubber :p

Wet traction is going to be awful...we sold a clone of that tire at an old employer and they were downright scary.

My thought Verbatim. Im hoping sometime in the middle of this winter I will be able to afford nicer tires. But my current ones won't last till then.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Sliding though turns,lights,etc. is what teaches you.Buy the low priced,screw being the "cool kid".

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at it this way, they are cheap so buy them and be cool at red lights when the roads are wet, cause you'll be doing great burnouts!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get them and it will hold you until you can get the money to get something good.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bet they'll be an "Experience" for sure.

Check the DOM of them...should be on the sidewall. It'll say like "0645" 06 means they were made in 06, and the 45th week.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
it's called a DOT number and you have the digits backwards.

4109 for example would be 41st week of 2009.

Please don't confuse the matter.

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
guy said he would hold them for me till monday after 3 calls back and forth with questions. then i get an email [yeah an email not even a call] he sold them. back to [ ] 1 i guess. how about 4 bfgoodies 245/70s for 160.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe somebody will jump in with a couple of old tyres that they have kicking about collecting dust that you can have for nothing?????? They get a feelgood factor of helping someone out in their hour of need and then you can save your money for some "Man" tyres in the new year? We have a fine over here in the UK of up to £2500 for illegal tyres so you gotta be either brave or dumb to drive with bald ones over here!! And yes that is two thousand five hundred pounds, I didn't leave a decimal point out. Hehe. Hope you get sorted matey. Any rubber is better than no rubber. (Cue the witty innuendo remarks!!) Steve. :party52: