Need help in St. Louis finding parts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaxom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was rear ended on January 14th. Most of the external damage is superficial, but 6driver's seat is toast as I flung forward then snapped back by the seat belt. I'm a big guy at 6' and 270lbs. The frame snapped were it attached to the electric adjuster and later when we tried to adjust the seat so my wife could take me to the hospital, the lumbar adjust handle snapped off as well.

I've tried calling just about every boneyard in and around St. Louis, East St. Louis, St. Charles, ect. NOBODY has a seat for my 2004 KJ. What I'm wondering now, is... would any other jeep seat fit in there without needing any modifications? I don't have a garage to do work out of, so I need a simple swap out. It looks like I only need to remove 4 nuts and there's a single wiring harness for the airbag sensor and seatbelt sensor. If there's more to it, please let me know!

If I could get a seat in fair enough condition, there's a few other maintenance issues I'd like to take care of as well. Like replacing the resistor for the aircon/heat control. The sticky here on this mentions disconnecting the airbags before working on that, and since there's a sensor in the driver's seat, I figure I should know now to do this BEFORE I start. Don't wanna mess up my airbags!

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jax

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I'm close to Memphis and I have been looking for a driver side seat for about 3 months without much luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online