Need help identifying interior part/panel (and where to buy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZeroCool84

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been running into an issue driving me nuts.

Received an 06 Liberty as a project car from a family member and spending the time/money over the past few months getting her sorted out.

The blower fan is making a noise (but otherwise working OK) so I decided it was time to replace it. I went to remove the tray under the blower motor/glove box to get access to the blower motor only to find it was already missing.

No telling how long its been missing but I can not for the life of me figure out what that part is called to search for a replacement. I've searched for all combinations of "blower motor/dash/footwell cover/panel/tray/pan" with no luck.

Does anyone know exactly what that thing is called or even better a part number/source for a replacement?

Many thanks in advance!

LibertyFlip

...Decided To Keep It
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been running into an issue driving me nuts.

Received an 06 Liberty as a project car from a family member and spending the time/money over the past few months getting her sorted out.

The blower fan is making a noise (but otherwise working OK) so I decided it was time to replace it. I went to remove the tray under the blower motor/glove box to get access to the blower motor only to find it was already missing.

No telling how long its been missing but I can not for the life of me figure out what that part is called to search for a replacement. I've searched for all combinations of "blower motor/dash/footwell cover/panel/tray/pan" with no luck.

Does anyone know exactly what that thing is called or even better a part number/source for a replacement?

Many thanks in advance!
Without having dug around under the dash of mine (yet) it sounds like you're talking about #22 in the diagram on this page possibly?

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2006-jeep-liberty/air_conditioning_heater/hevac_unit.html

If so, that would be P#5066532AB from Mopar.

If that's not it, hopefully this diagram helps you find it!

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding it - it seems many parts get discontinued fast, I've been getting parts for my 04 mostly from junkyards.

ZeroCool84

Reaction score
Without having dug around under the dash of mine (yet) it sounds like you're talking about #22 in the diagram on this page possibly?

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2006-jeep-liberty/air_conditioning_heater/hevac_unit.html

If so, that would be P#5066532AB from Mopar.

If that's not it, hopefully this diagram helps you find it!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that's not it and it doesnt appear on that diagram. I had actually seen that one before in my research and went through a few of the part numbers with no luck.

I've attached a picture of the area in question, which is the passenger side foot well area (underneath the glove box). The red is the area that I believe the tray should cover while the green boxes are where the screws would attach it.

I'm pretty sure I know what happened to it - there was a time where a shop was going to charge $100 to install the blower resister and I told the previous owner to bring it to me to do it instead. I bet the shop removed that tray and then didnt replace it (intentionally or not) when they werent getting paid to do it.

Anyone know what this thing is called or have a part number?

Attachments

• KJ_Missing_Tray_Small.jpg
    KJ_Missing_Tray_Small.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 18

ZeroCool84

Reaction score
Just a quick update, i ordered one off of ebay for $22 shipped. Not too bad, I think.

Not sure if it comes with the screws. If not, I'll just pop in whatever seems to fit.

Many thanks to those on the forum, especially DadOSix. Fellow Marylander represent!!!

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update, i ordered one off of ebay for $22 shipped. Not too bad, I think.

Not sure if it comes with the screws. If not, I'll just pop in whatever seems to fit.

Many thanks to those on the forum, especially DadOSix. Fellow Marylander represent!!!
Cool!

Im in Allegany Co, You?

ZeroCool84

Reaction score
Anne Arundel. Right at BWI airport. Will hopefully be in Southern Maryland (St. Mary's) by the end of the year. Was trying to go to Harper's Ferry but wife wasnt willing... :)