Need help figuring out flashers issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugsnbytesllc

Reaction score
My jeep kj renegade is great most times, but recently have strange issue with left-side flashers and headlight not working. My HB lights both work. My right-side flashers work. Break lights work on each side. The only issue is that the left headlight and left front and rear flashers won't work. I have changed fuses, bulbs, etc. to no avail.. Has this happened with anyone? I have a 2002 jeep liberty renegade 3.7l. .

Thanks.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My jeep kj renegade is great most times, but recently have strange issue with left-side flashers and headlight not working. My HB lights both work. My right-side flashers work. Break lights work on each side. The only issue is that the left headlight and left front and rear flashers won't work. I have changed fuses, bulbs, etc. to no avail.. Has this happened with anyone? I have a 2002 jeep liberty renegade 3.7l. .

Thanks.

Have you tried changing out the multifunction switch? It's pretty easy and not super expensive.

bugsnbytesllc

Reaction score
No. Thanks.. will you be willing and able to guide on how to do that or where I can get info on doing it? Thanks.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure it's not very hard! Just take the clam shell style plastic off of the back of the steering column. There are 2 torx screws in the bottom of the shell. Once these are out, pull the shell apart. If I remember correctly...the multifunction switch then just lifts off the top of the steering column. You need to unplug it too, obviously.

bluedanube

Reaction score
Hi; my God, I have the same problem but in the right-side flasher and headlight not working! changing out the multifunction switch solved the problem?

greetings from Nicaragua.

bluedanube

Reaction score
yesterday I solved my problem by removing right parking light, there is a connector with wires of the headlights, makes poor contact.