need help fast!! PowerTrax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Jeep is on the lift and the diff is apart as I'm typing this.

I'm trying to take the powertrax out of my Jeep. I need to know how to get the axle "C-clip" back out of the slot. We've tried just about everything we could think of and she just wont come out..

If anyone has an idea, please let me know asap.

Thanks, Tony

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhh..Are you talking about the C-clip for the right axle? Its best to grind it down before you put it in.. But I didnt either. If you have someone with you, get ahold of the axle and pull in and out and twist it some. Not very hard or anything. Just jiggle it. Get someone to stand there and catch anything if it falls out.. Ive heard about this before but Im not really sure how to get it out.. I wish I would of filed mine down some before I put it in.. 8-[

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, Jeepster.... If I ever re-install it, that what I'll do.

Finally got it!!! After about 3 1/2 hrs for messing with it. I got completely fed-up ](*,) and decided to drill a 3/32'' hole, about and 1/8'' deep, in the edge of the c-clip and insert a long self-tapping wood screw into the hole. Worked like a charm!!! just wiggled the screw around while pulling out, and it finally came out. \:D/

Everything after that was a cinch. took the Powertrax out and put the open diff back in. I don't think I'd recommend this method unless you're at the point were I was....you've tried everything else!!

I re-used the c-clip in the stock open diff. I don't think that small hole I drilled in it will cause any problems, at least I hope not [-o<

Thanks again, Tony