Need a GOOD fix for the rear joint on the front drive shaft? 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepguy4276

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used driveshaftparts for mine and will never again. The first one I received had a cap that must've been for another vehicle, it was way to big. They sent me another. I installed the other properly and it went out in less then 2 months. They won't warranty it saying that the vehicle lift caused angle changes (at the time they had no idea if my jeep was lifted). I have about 2.5" lift or so. They also said they already warrantied one earlier. Guy refuses to replace it. He won't stand behind his product and obviously makes an inferior part. I will go elsewhere and suggest others do the same. You may get lucky and get a good one but if you get a bad one, they'll make excuses and won't stand behind it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I used driveshaftparts for mine and will never again. The first one I received had a cap that must've been for another vehicle, it was way to big. They sent me another. I installed the other properly and it went out in less then 2 months. They won't warranty it saying that the vehicle lift caused angle changes (at the time they had no idea if my jeep was lifted). I have about 2.5" lift or so. They also said they already warrantied one earlier. Guy refuses to replace it. He won't stand behind his product and obviously makes an inferior part. I will go elsewhere and suggest others do the same. You may get lucky and get a good one but if you get a bad one, they'll make excuses and won't stand behind it.

I've installed two on mine 4 or 5 on other KJs from driveshaftparts.com. Never had any issues. Got one that package of grease was missing then sent me a whole new package
Just ordered from then again last night

jeepguy4276

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed two on mine 4 or 5 on other KJs from driveshaftparts.com. Never had any issues. Got one that package of grease was missing then sent me a whole new package
Just ordered from then again last night

Ya, I thought they were better than that too until I had the actual joint go bad. He was helpful and quick to fix the cap issue, I even posted it on the forum. When it came to an issue of a part not lasting though, he quickly changed. He made excuses and said it's a driveline issue?? As pointed out on here, there is no driveline angle effect on the liberty. He didn't even know if mine was lifted before he brought that excuse in. I really thought better of him after my initial troubles. I guess he's quick to cover his oopses but not problems with his actual product. Glad you've had good luck though.

Members online

No members online now.