Napa Platinum filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pfaziani

Reaction score
Has anyone cracked open a NAPA Platinum oil filter? I've always trusted NAPA gold because they were WIX, but when they introduced this new line, I became skeptical.

Any feedback?

I run full synthetic with premium filter and go 7-9000 OCI.

Thanks.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run them. they're good.

But anyone, any oil, any person, any brand telling you that you *can* go 7-9k miles on a change is....well, disinterested and unrealistic.

How can you know your engine is running well without sludging if you do the oil change that little? I don't drive any single one of my vehicles often enough to do even 2 oil changes a year at 7-9k mile changes...well past recommended oil breakdown period (in months).

I will always trust wix, napa, purolator. I have seen more knocking and sludged motors running fram and K&N than I have with anything else. Personally, though, I stick with mopar filters.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I love me a a thread about oil filters...:Rant::laughing1:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Fram,cheapest oil from walmart-good to go. All that stuff about changing oil at 3000m is just propaganda put out to sell oil. Go on,5qt of oil will hold up well for 10-15thou.:evil::hidesbehindsofa:

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over here, we change about every 10 -12k, unless there's been an accident of some kind - never seen an oil/filter problem yet.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:killer::killer:
Fram,cheapest oil from walmart-good to go. All that stuff about changing oil at 3000m is just propaganda put out to sell oil. Go on,5qt of oil will hold up well for 10-15thou.:evil::hidesbehindsofa:

:killer:

lmfao.