Name that KJ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright i have driven by this guy about 4-5 times in the past several months, hes always going the opposite way though. BUT! Today, the jeep appeared 2 blocks away from my house outside of a park. So i snapped a few photos in hope that sum1 will recognize this jeep.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not seen a winch/mounted like that to a KJ. I would guess/hope the piece the winch is mounted to is bolted to the tow hook attaching holes underneith.

It looks like it has been used?

Someday, you will catch up to him and ask, right?

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That winch mount must be custom. At first I thought it was the back bones winch mount but its not.

Neat looking Jeep though. Needs some bigger tires.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i left a peice of paper giving him this site adress and the lostkj adress so hopefully he will check us out if hes not already a part of this forum lol

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u know i hope he doesnt see this topic if he visits this and sees u picking his vehicle a part and i just wasted my time trying to get a new member to the forums so how about keeping it to yourselfs.

Not everyone happens to be made of money and can just redo their entire jeep and throw in $15,000 to a new drive train set up like some of you.

Last edited:

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u know i hope he doesnt see this topic if he visits this and sees u picking his vehicle a part and i just waisted my time trying to get a new member to the forums so how about keeping it to yourselfs.

Not everyone happens to be made of money and can just redo their entire jeep and throw in $15,000 to a new drive train set up like some of you.

Needs tires and a lift.:D
Just kidding. It's pretty sweet ride.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u know i hope he doesnt see this topic if he visits this and sees u picking his vehicle a part and i just wasted my time trying to get a new member to the forums so how about keeping it to yourselfs.

Just was agreeing about a very unsafe mod done on his KJ,and I'm glad I'm over 1000miles away when that winch gets pulled off in a pull,since the winch has not been used from the perfect factory winding of the cable.

Get rid of that brush guard and put some better tires on it and it will be a nice ride.

Oh and it took over 5 years of time to save up enough for my $15,000 new drivetrain/suspension.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u mean ontop of the full repaint, lift, tires,armour, gears and all those other mods too, and then the $15,000? yea sounds about an average income can support that *rolls eyes*

You get my point.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was not picking on anybody. If you took it that way, you mis-read my post.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u mean ontop of the full repaint, lift, tires,armour, gears and all those other mods too, and then the $15,000? yea sounds about an average income can support that *rolls eyes*

You get my point.
It was average pay,actually under payed wages from the military($850 per 2 weeks after taxes),but that tax free re-inlistment bonus helped out some.The paint/lift/1st set of rims/tires was paid by my insurance company from my hail damage

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how excacly does insurance cover all that with just a paycheck for paint
They handed me a $5500 check for the $5500 of hail damage I recieved,fixed it myself and painted it myself(all at cost since I worked at a bodyshop at the time) for $3000,the rest covered the lift and tires/wheels purchased later on.

That's how.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, but we're not dealing with personal attacks on here. How anyone funds their Jeep mods is not anyone else's business. Plus, if you are concerned with him seeing our critiques then it may have been best to get his permission first to post up his Jeep.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i posted it to see if anyone recognized it because i been trying to figure out who it is for over 6 months. It was NOT a post to pick apart his jeep. If you read the initial post of this, you guys would know that. I posted this pics to see if anyone recognized this jeep.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i posted it to see if anyone recognized it because i been trying to figure out who it is for over 6 months. It was NOT a post to pick apart his jeep. If you read the initial post of this, you guys would know that. I posted this pics to see if anyone recognized this jeep.

This thread's done. I was posting a warning not to do any more personal attacks. I wasn't asking for an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.