My Post Detailing Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been a couple weeks since I've owned my Jeep. After a few washes I've came to the conclusion that the Jeep was brought up from the south, where it was picked up at the local auction and sold to Enfield Chrysler (the dealer I bought it from). It seems as if the Jeep was driven down a dirt road rather frequently, there are many small scratches, swirls and small contaminants in the paint. After removing the battery, I noticed a small amount of dust under it.

My goal was to remove the swirls, and some scratches.

Products used:

-Meguiars Deep Crystal Wash

You must be registered for see images

-Meguiars Scratch X

-Meguiars Gold Class Paste

Optional, but Reccomended:

-Orbital Buffer
-Air Compressor

Process:

1) Wash the car as usual

2) Use your air compressor to blow off all the water in the nooks and crannies.

2) Break out your orbital buffer and Meguiars Scratch X it is much easier than using your hand. Imagine the number times a buffer spins per minute vs. your hand. Keeping this is mind, apply the product liberally and start buffing it in slowly, picking up pace if you don't see results. Move you buffer one over the area in circles, once vertically, and once horizontally. This will hit all angles of the swirls and scratches. I found it best to put the product directly on the car to avoid waste in one particular section.

3) Remove the polish with a terry cloth, it will leave behind a lot of white powdery residue which will come off when waxing.

4) Apply the Gold Class lightly, if any of the swirls didn't come out originally they will be covered by this wax temporarily.

5) Remove and your done!

Finished Shots:

You must be registered for see images attach

2003KJ

Reaction score
Lookin good!

I'm gonna have to try that scratch-x stuff....and invest in a buffer too.

Here's the thread I started after using Rejex earlier this year (click here) . I Highly recommend this product. There's a nice thread about it here

And I just noticed you're new here. (welcome)!!!!

Where ya from?

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Lookin good!

Here's the thread I started after using Rejex earlier this year (click here) . I Highly recommend this product. There's a nice thread about it here

Where ya from?

Yours looks good too Tim, that was my first color choice! How do you like the duelers? I just detailed my neighbors H3 and I fell in love with the look of them.

I'm from Connecticut and go to College in Mass.

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I'm also going to try the buffer/scratch-x deal. I took my stock Lib out this weekend for it's first ever off road adventure. Now I have a few scratches in the paint and the wife is not all that pleased about it.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Donnie said:
2003KJ said:
Lookin good!

Where ya from?

Yours looks good too Tim, that was my first color choice! How do you like the duelers? I just detailed my neighbors H3 and I fell in love with the look of them.

I'm from Connecticut and go to College in Mass.

The Revo's are a wonderful tire. I dont have a whole lot of wheelin experience with them, and I have zero snow experience with them (figures, NO snow last year, hoping that will change this year). The little bit of wheelin I have done I was VERY impressed (it was some really thick mud). They are awesome in the rain...stick to the road like gorilla glue. I have yet to lock up or spin them in the rain. I've also had them for one year now and they are showing no signs of wear (from properly rotating and balancing them, and running 35psi in them).

Make sure you get the Dueler A/T Revo's, there are several variations of the Dueler (3 of the A/T that I know of, then there's the H/T and the M/T. H/T being a street tire, and M/T like mud terrain/maximum tractions).

Detailin a H3 huh? Man you got guts, I bet that thing took a while to detail. :-s

Yeah I got a couple of deeps scratches from some mild wheelin...been meanin to pick up some touch up paint....

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent job on the Black Lib. Now can I hire you to do mine? =D>

I am beginning to invest into detailing items so I can finally get rid of those nasty small scratches and non shiny spots. Silly salt on the road eats up the vehicle every winter!

The Dueller Revos are sweet tires! I had them on when I first bought the Jeep. I ran them for nearly 2 years before I went with a larger tire (due to my added lift). Oh, Welcome to the board.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Jeep looks great Donnie, nice job!!! =D>

My baby could use the same treatment....

I'll second that tip on using Rejex. After you took the time and polished her up like that, you wouldnt believe the shine you'd get out of one coat of Rejex.

Oh, BTW, Welcome aboard.......Tony

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Cheers) If any of you guys really want your Jeeps detailed let me know.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donnie said:
(Cheers) If any of you guys really want your Jeeps detailed let me know.

where are you (whistle)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost MA, too far for me to come by just for a detail :)
But your jeep looks great!

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Almost MA, too far for me to come by just for a detail :)
But your jeep looks great!

Thanks man, your in the heart of the city?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 miles east of the city, in queens.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online