My Liberty was hit today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ufatbastehd

Reaction score
My 02 Liberty with only 54,000 miles was hit today and most likely totaled.
Thankfully no one was hurt.

I was parked and tow truck that was speeding hit a speed bump the car he was towing came loose crossed the roadway and slammed into my car.

Both doors are trashed. The Jeep was pushed into the curb and the rear axle shifted The rear shock mounts broke and the rear drive shaft was on the floor.

Odds are it's totaled. Very sad to see her go. I've owned her since day one.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Loosing your KJ is like loosing your best friend.
Sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident, happy to hear no one was hurt.
Towing company should be held fully accountable indeed, this is unacceptable.

jeepop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad you are OK. That is number 1. Unfortunately, even if insurance gives you a good chunk of money, I do not think Jeep really has a replacement for the Liberty in their current line up.

ufatbastehd

Reaction score
I am glad you are OK. That is number 1. Unfortunately, even if insurance gives you a good chunk of money, I do not think Jeep really has a replacement for the Liberty in their current line up.
Agreed. The Liberty was very versatile with AWD, 4WD,
4 wheel low etc , decent passenger and cargo space, and creature comforts. I'll be lucky to get 4000 for it from insurance. I have an 02 Jeep Wrangler and a 2019 Civic. The Liberty was the most versatile by far. Highly underrated by the Jeep community