My liberty startup and shutdown sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool...

No sound clips for me, its like -25 outside. All you'll hear is grinding, screaching, ticking noises.

2003KJ

Reaction score
TRAILN said:
Cool...

No sound clips for me, its like -25 outside. All you'll hear is grinding, screaching, ticking noises.

Frozen/Stuck Starter motor, all the pumps are probably damn near frozen, and i'm sure the belt isn't too happy either. Apparently at around 0º the Starter Motor's begin to Stick on these things.....causing that god awefule grinding noise.

Living in N.C., i've never experienced that kinda cold, plus my KJ stays in a semi warm garage. But it did get down to 9º around x-mas.

Pretty awesome sounding exhaust ya got there Bennett =D>

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got it.

At this temp the truck doesn't want to move. You would swear the brakes were on or something. You take you foot off the gas and it stops on its own.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Yea mine lives in garage, but I know what you mean. When it does sit out in the cold, it makes more noises.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
like that nasty groaning sound....when it turns over
and other various sounds that makes u think twice if ur not used ot it....