My KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hood297

Reaction score
Well since L.O.S.T. is lost, i wondered over here and Thanks to everyone for the welcoming! I know most Ive seen post, but I wanted those who don't know my KJ to become acquainted.

2003 Limited 3.7L
3" lift, CRD springs, JBA upper a-arms, Custom rock rails, full mopar skids,custom front skid, skid row gas tank skid, warn sdb-210 lights, renegade light bar, spidertrax, 4x doctor diff guard, genuine steel tail light guards, dual air horns, wolo on-board air, ARB bumper, Warn M8000, Alpine LCD h/u with TV/DVD tuner, infinity kappa series door speakers, JL audio 10-W3, 15% tint, custom cross rails, 265-75-16 green diamond icelander m/t, Kenwood D-700A 144/440 Ham radio (KJ4ECR), detroit locker (rear), lots of recovery gear.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Boblemoche

Reaction score
Nice rig. How do you like your tires do they make a lot of noise on road?

hood297

Reaction score
I love the tires, I had 245 75 MT/R's. the MT/R's were somewhat quieter, but off road there is no comparison. they are quite noisy on the road, but turn the radio up a bit and they aren't noticeable.

check out (www.greendiamondtire.com)

Boblemoche

Reaction score
They do look awsome with that agressive tread but I daly drive 600+ miles a week so noise can be a big problem :( anyway I still have until next summer to make a choice. I might get toyo's mt or BFG km2. They are supposed to be pretty quiet but I never listened to any mt tire

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dad has mickey thompson MTZ's on his rubicon (35x12.5's) and they are really quiet. those tires are awesome looking though... i love your KJ hood

hood297

Reaction score
in that case, I would rule these out. I wouldn't recommend them for a drive like that. however they quiet down the faster you go.

2006, thanks man. I LOVE your new ARB! welcome to the club! are you running the standard springs on that franky? I saw you talked about doing a clevis lift, but have you considered to switching to CRD springs?

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in that case, I would rule these out. I wouldn't recommend them for a drive like that. however they quiet down the faster you go.

2006, thanks man. I LOVE your new ARB! welcome to the club! are you running the standard springs on that franky? I saw you talked about doing a clevis lift, but have you considered to switching to CRD springs?

i'm just running whatever springs came with the standard frankenlift.. i know they're OME HD but now sure of the number... no i have not thought of the CRD springs... what are the benefits of them? the front of my KJ feels a little soft now.. like it bounces up and down more with all the weight out there.. i'm going to do a clevis to get it back up to a little higher than the rear end but that wont help the soft feeling. fill me in :D if you could also give me a quick run down on the benefits of the al's a-arms that would be great (besides greaseable ball joints).. i get a strange rubbing noise when the suspension drops and i'm pretty sure it's spring bumper stop- upper a-arm contact. if you had the same thing did this fix it?

Last edited:

hood297

Reaction score
how do you like the DL? Ive heard that sometimes they act a little squirrelly on ice and if its raining hard

Well no Ice down here in south alabama, and i have yet to be in any hard rain to really test it. ( I've had it less than 3 days). After all the reviews i had read i was prepared for terrible on road manners. I was wrong, if i didnt know i put it in i wouldnt have noticed it. When changing from coast to drive it does jerk the vehicle a very very small amount. nothing like most people make it sound, hardly noticeable. I can't hear it lock or unlock like others say, however my tires are pretty noisy. And there has yet to be any loud BANG like I was told about. This is my DD so I would notice these things a lot, and its not as bad as most make it sound.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so Hood, when we all go digital, will you be able to watch tv on your LCD there?

b/c if so, i am going to upgrade mine to one!!!

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's a good point.. if that's the case i'll add one as well. ... but hood.. i think your missing a peddle on the far left laugh.gif

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG, I just messed my self! This is flipping sick!.. Very impressed.

I want some pictures of the underside of this baby. Topside is impressive, but i wanna see that belly armor.

Silver65th

Reaction score
That looks sick! Nice job on that KJ wish mine could look like that especially the tires lol

hood297

Reaction score
OMG, I just messed my self! This is flipping sick!.. Very impressed.

I want some pictures of the underside of this baby. Topside is impressive, but i wanna see that belly armor.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I really appreciate it.

I will get some pictures of the underside, i wouldnt say its too impressive though, I don't wheel with rocks or anything so I'm not ******** on the armor. Just a mopar front skid, ****** skid, Skid row gas tank skid, and a skid to bridge the gap between the front skid, and ARB.

silver65th- You can definately have your's lookin just as good if not better in just a matter of time, and some $$$.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hood.......really nice jeep.

So you really like that DL in the rear?? I was thinking about that.

Dave

hood297

Reaction score
yes I love the DL in the rear. It is no where near as harsh as many have made it sound on the net. It does make its presence known, but it doesn't make such a difference to loose driveability.

JSC I just ordered Amsoil for the rear. I was watching the thread on L.O.S.T. that was talking about gear lube. I'm assuming the shop that installed the DL put in conventional. It appears that many have been running it with SYN with no issues. When you talked to EATON did they give you a good explanation as to why not to run SYN?

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt really ask much into they just said that it works better with regular and I asked another guy in an email here is what he sent me:

"Regarding the fluid types -

Detroit Locker - doesn't matter. All axle fluids are acceptable. No
additives are necessary.

Truetrac - No synthetic oils or additives! The unit will not be as
effective with. Only use standard mineral oils."

but Im gonna call and ask some more questions about it