my KJ is corroding away lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgear

Reaction score
I'm standing next to my KJ, passenger side, bullshittin' with one of my friends. we're just chattin' it up, talking about anything that comes to mind.

I reach over and give my antenna a little wiggle.. not a violent shake, just a bit of a wiggle, the top shook back and forth mabey 3-4 inches. IT SNAPPED OFF.

You must be registered for see images attach

I cannot believe how easily it broke off.. I thought "how in the hell does this thing recieve signal if it's all plastic?!" .. thinking that it was, seeing how it broke so easily.. nope. it's metal, and that metal snapped clean off.

looks sorta like a corroded battery terminal.. where can I get a new antenna assembly?

Midgear

Reaction score

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what happens when manufactures mix non-furious and furious metals. CORROSION. Too bad they didn't install some sacrificial anodes.

jcbll95

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Some kid, or moron adult for that matter, walking through a parking lot may have grabbed it and gave it a good fling and cracked it. and when you did it you just finished it off .......ya never know.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing is for sure it is not fun to access the inside antenna wire/connection.
The antenna x is a screw in replacement and Midgear you will need to pull the rear section of the fender forward to remove and replace with new exterior fitting, that can be obtained from dealer.
Alternatively you could temporarily use an interior radio type antenna and just make the connection radio rear.

Last edited:

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Midgear

Reaction score
or scrap the antenna all together and get satellite radio.. mabey put trail rated badges on either side where the antenna existed and on the driver side in the same spot-

my head unit is HD / satellite radio ready.