My first KJ! Lookin for some ideas and answers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PuddinsLiberty

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I just bought an 07 gas KJ. I'm lookin to lift her sky high. I've been lookin around, mostly on JeepinByAl.com and 4wheelparts.com. But as I'm new to the 4x4 modification world I'd like some tips and ideas. I'm a Kentucky boy so you know she'll see some mud. No rock climbin though. What would y'all recommend to lift it as high as possible, while still having stability and durability on and off the road? FYI I ain't made of money now

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
4 inches of lift is about as far as you want to take one
then
you need to do it right, 1000's of posts on here and LOSTJEEPs spelling out the right way to lift one and what to use. Trust us when we say this will work, this won't , there are a lot of us who have been around the KJs for a long time and seen what happens when someone tries to go cheap etc
but 3.25 inches of lift/ 245-75-16s is a good way unless you have deep pockets for more lift, regearing, larger tires etc
You mention having stability and durability on and off the road, mine has been lifted for over 190,000 miles so far , better ride, handling, more stable on the road than stock