My 2002 Liberty limited project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02kj

Reaction score
Well I purchased my 02 liberty, it was not properly running when i bought it, after diagnosis it turned out to be a valve seat dropped (thought it was one but actually one in each head) I pulled the heads, had them both rebuilt and re-seated, one cam replaced, one spark plug hole fixed, purchased, new headgaskets, headbolts, water pump, heavy duty clutch fan, etc etc. and nearly have it back together.

In the middle of waiting for my heads to be completed, I splurged and picked up some rubicon wheels with 245/75/16's on them for a good deal as it came on a mismatched set of wheels. Most say you need a lift to run them but my fender to hub measurements were all about 19 1/4 (from memory) and they clear lock to lock on flat ground, i'm sure i'll have to trim a little for flex or get a lift but well worth it. Anyways, here is some pictures of the progress. Thank you for looking.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations - the fun is just beginning! :cheers:

02kj

Reaction score
Well, its got about 20 miles on it so far with no hick ups (besides having to burn off spilled coolant.. oops) lol I bought it non running so after all this work i'm proud to say I actually love it! The tires only rub slightly when at lock and an incline, and haven't had her off road yet but defiantly know it will rub then, but i can live with it for now. Here are a few horrid pictures from its first drive. I'll have some more to post once its cleaned up and daylight.

02kj

Reaction score
A few pictures from its first offroad outing. I'm fairly sure i broke its front driveshaft or a cv.. clicking in 4wd under power straight or not. jacked up the front driver side as i thought that was the one and it sounds like the noise is coming from TC side of the driveshaft.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Ya that's been a popular cv to replace once the jeep gets into the hands of someone using it properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

Members online

No members online now.