my 02 wont turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keisersozae

Reaction score
has anyone had to replace their bcm?

you say its expensive but how much is it?

im expecting to get my new key and ignition lock when i get home out of my mailbox so i will keep you guys updated.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you say its expensive but how much is it?

Don't ask. The last guy that had a computer problem i heard it was like 6 large to get it fixed because they have to reprogram it. And you can't do it yourself because you need a DRBII scanner/tool and the jeep codes that only dealers have. Just hope that's not the problem.

keisersozae

Reaction score
here are a few pics from the last weekend she worked for me. it wasnt an easy weekend...lol

You must be registered for see images attach

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are some impressive images. It must have been real sweet tenting on the beach like that.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always wanted to camp like that.. Waves would put me right to sleep.

Ive slept on small lakes before on a boat but the sound from the water goes away at night since the boats stop.

18" of water isnt a whole lot. Ive had mine through that before with no ill effects what so ever and Im OCD about taking care of my Jeep. I know Ive had it over half of the rims, but not for very long. Although Ive seen people with water up to their hoods with no problems. This may just be a coincidence about going through water.

Hope you figure it out.

Last edited:

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check all the fuses and relays under the hood? Maybe the starter relay got wet and shorted out or just happened to go bad. Well, I'm sure the shop will figure it out. Hope it's something cheap!

keisersozae

Reaction score
i didnt ever take it to the shop. i have a friend thats a mechanic come and take a look and we couldnt figure it out. i did get it to turn over by taking the cap off the starter relay and just putting my finger on it. replaced the relay, still no luck. wouldnt turn over that fast by doing that either. i think i got some stuff wet under there or the saltwater has loosened a ground somewhere.