Mr Clean Car Washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this thing any good or just the present version of Jet-X?

I live in the country on my own well with very hard water.

BlueRidgeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
L.O.S.T. on the Blue Ridge Parkway , Western NC Mo
for my washer i have a house filter inline between because of the setiment we sometimes get.. i am going to do the same thing for when i start to wash my KJ at home.. i used the mr. clean at my old house (city water) and it does pretty good job at filtering the water so no water spots.. but if you live in the country with a well.. i would filter the water another way FIRST if you dont already.. the filter i used is one you can buy at wallyworld for $20 and the filters are cheap.. $1-2 each.. its a whole house filter.. its light blue case.. it would save you from buying the filter for the Mr. Clean more often.. the soap they sell is kinda expensive.. but what i did was use my old car wash and wash with bucket and sponge.. then use the mr. clean just to do final spray with the filtered water.. :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pressure at my house ***** so bad I could never use the Mr clean. I would like to have it for the filter and final wash down.

T^2

Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
Is this thing any good or just the present version of Jet-X?

I live in the country on my own well with very hard water.

I used it all last summer. I worked good for me. Just like advertised.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Youse convinced me.

I bought the new "Pro" version in the case that has the "jet" position for spray in addition to the others and that comes in a plastic box with a mitt and a swifter duster. I love those plastic boxes to keep things together. I have a bunch of them setting aroound. Now if I could just find the stuff that goes in them.

I think it is a good package, much better than a Jet-X. I fogot to say earlier that my water is so hard that you could sandblast with it.

The Libby is now sorta clean!!!!

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with it as long as you keep the filter clean by replacing it periodically. It's been used on my parents' navy blue truck in the middle of the summer in Arizona and it worked fine. I always use it unless I'm planning on waxing the Jeep.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, it doesn't really filter. I thought it did but the only filter is the hose connection screen. The cartridge is actually a wetting agent to keep water left on the car from puddleing then drying and leaving a hard water spot. While that lsst step likely filters some too water only goes through it in the misting treatment after eveything else is done.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
You know, it doesn't really filter. I thought it did but the only filter is the hose connection screen. The cartridge is actually a wetting agent to keep water left on the car from puddleing then drying and leaving a hard water spot. While that lsst step likely filters some too water only goes through it in the misting treatment after eveything else is done.

I do not even own one and I knew that. 8-[

That why the water pressure goes down so much is b/c all the water is going through that little filter.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had one for 2 years now and love it. No more water spots for me.

Latest posts

Members online