Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Yea, meguairs gold glass soap is some of the best stuff you will ever use! The Deep crystal soap is good too, alittle cheaper than the GC.

yes I do, although i use the NXT soap. For the other products i usually use the professional line, since I professionally detail cars. If you want a good forum to find out all sorts of detailing info go to http://autopia.org/forum/index.php? and join the forum there. They also have a web store to buy all sorts of super great products.

For waxing i have a dewalt rotary buffer, i have a few different types of meguiars wax, and also some klasse AIO.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a member of autopia and the meguairs forums.. O:) My name is bluelibby04 though. Ive not been on autopia in a while but I get on meaguairs almost everyday.

Why do you use a rotary to apply wax? Ive never used a rotary and would be VERY scared to try to. Ill stick with my PC until I run into scratches I cannot get out with it.

Have you ever tried #80? Ive been meaning to pick some up since I have some swirls, cant seem to find the time though... :-s

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Im a member of autopia and the meguairs forums.. O:) My name is bluelibby04 though. Ive not been on autopia in a while but I get on meaguairs almost everyday.

Why do you use a rotary to apply wax? Ive never used a rotary and would be VERY scared to try to. Ill stick with my PC until I run into scratches I cannot get out with it.

Have you ever tried #80? Ive been meaning to pick some up since I have some swirls, cant seem to find the time though... :-s

i didnt really mean that i use the rotary for wax, figured if i would say for prepping, people on here wouldnt understand, even though they probably dont already.

I dont post a whole heck of a lot on autopia, but i read it everyday. I posted some pictures in your dodge viper thread in the pictures forum on here. Those are pics that i did a few months ago.

As far as the other meg products i have used 80 before, it works fairly well although it lacks a little in durability being that its a glaze. I have used many many other products like #21 which is awesome, #26, #83, #84, #85. Might wanna try some 84 or 85 for swirls if thats what you have.

For the rest of the detailing, i like the super degreaser, all purpose cleaner, hyper dressing, and the all season tire dressing.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
you guys seem to know your way around these stuff. Once my uncle got a spray on, wipe off wax, and he sprayed it on the wipers & the plastic stuff, and he couldn't get it off.. since that day I was pretty sceptical about doing anything serious like waxing my jeep. Plus I got a lot of sap like stuff which made my paint surface grainy, and cloths kept getting linted on those parts, especially on the sides and top of the jeep. Sides are mostly from asphalt..

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
you guys seem to know your way around these stuff. Once my uncle got a spray on, wipe off wax, and he sprayed it on the wipers & the plastic stuff, and he couldn't get it off.. since that day I was pretty sceptical about doing anything serious like waxing my jeep. Plus I got a lot of sap like stuff which made my paint surface grainy, and cloths kept getting linted on those parts, especially on the sides and top of the jeep. Sides are mostly from asphalt..

yea i know my way around it pretty good. As far as the getting wax on stuff on the jeep, watch out for the wipers, the wiper cowl, the door handles,the mirrors, and the rear step plate on the back bumper. If wax gets on there it will turn white. A good way to get rid of it is to take some sort of degreaser, I usually use meguiars all purpose cleaner or super degreaser, and dilute it with water, since straight concentration will discolor the plastic. You spray it on there, and scrub it will a soft brush like an old toothbrush.

As far as removing sap, get some 3m adheasive remover and apply it with a towel. Or any sort of glue remover, Do this before you wash the vehicle. The wash the vehicle and remember to wax it, wax all areas that you removed the sap from, because the adheasive remover will take off the existing wax layer.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks especko,
I assume the wax is safe to use on the painted bumpers (that LTDs have).

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Mr. Clean Auto Dry. I like it. The soap does a good job removing dirt, plus the filter does it's job.

I also now use a pressure washer to start with, and then I still dry my Jeeps off with a shammy. With using Rejex, I have such good water beading, that I still find I have to wipe off the water. =D>

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
I use the Mr. Clean Auto Dry. I like it. The soap does a good job removing dirt, plus the filter does it's job.

I also now use a pressure washer to start with, and then I still dry my Jeeps off with a shammy. With using Rejex, I have such good water beading, that I still find I have to wipe off the water. =D>

Id say that works out really well since you use a pressure washer to get all the dirt off first.

I dont want ot confuse you hyedipin, but a clay bar is another good way to remove tree sap. You can buy them in most autoparts stores in the car detailing section. The only brand I have ever seen in stores is mothers, so thats what I have. I could have ordered meguiars, but I needed it that day. You can see it in that red box in my pic above. It comes with a spray that lubricates the bar as you move it over the paint. You first wash the car then use it. Wipe all of the quick detailer off with a towel then wax. O:)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
jeepjeepster said:

i didnt really mean that i use the rotary for wax, figured if i would say for prepping, people on here wouldnt understand, even though they probably dont already.

I dont post a whole heck of a lot on autopia, but i read it everyday. I posted some pictures in your dodge viper thread in the pictures forum on here. Those are pics that i did a few months ago.

As far as the other meg products i have used 80 before, it works fairly well although it lacks a little in durability being that its a glaze. I have used many many other products like #21 which is awesome, #26, #83, #84, #85. Might wanna try some 84 or 85 for swirls if thats what you have.

For the rest of the detailing, i like the super degreaser, all purpose cleaner, hyper dressing, and the all season tire dressing.

Yea, like you said, #80 does not protect the paint at all. It does have some polish in it, but its best to follow it with a couple coats of wax. I LOVE #26! its one of the best waxes Ive ever used. I put on a thin coat of NXT then followed that with #26, Ive never seen my paint look so good!

I really need to get some all season dressing. I need something to spray in the fender wells and put on the plastic in the engine bay.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Yea, like you said, #80 does not protect the paint at all. It does have some polish in it, but its best to follow it with a couple coats of wax. I LOVE #26! its one of the best waxes Ive ever used. I put on a thin coat of NXT then followed that with #26, Ive never seen my paint look so good!

I really need to get some all season dressing. I need something to spray in the fender wells and put on the plastic in the engine bay.

Well if you really want durability and shine use #21. As far as the all season dressing that works well for the tires, and fenderwells. Get whats called a body brush, its a wide brush with usually an extremely soft green bristles at the end, spray about 6-8 sprays of the dressing on the tire and use the brush to spread it therefore virtually eliminating overspray onto the rims. Then just spray the fenderwells like normal, its very water resistant. I also use the stuff on my step bars on the libby, also the rear step plate on the bumper.

As far as the plastic in the engine bay, get some of the meguiars hyper dressing(its in their professional line) and mix it about 1 part dressing to 3 parts water for an awesome shine. Mix less dressing if less shine is desired.

I could go on all day about meguiars stuff.

O yea question for you, you have hella lamps mounted on your bumper right?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at hyper dressing and all season dressing, I do not think I can pay $30 for a gallon of the stuff. Do you know any other places that may be alittle cheaper?

No, my lights are mounted infront of the bumper by some custom brakets I made. They mount up and under the bumper. O:)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
I just looked at hyper dressing and all season dressing, I do not think I can pay $30 for a gallon of the stuff. Do you know any other places that may be alittle cheaper?

No, my lights are mounted infront of the bumper by some custom brakets I made. They mount up and under the bumper. O:)

Yes the stuff is kinda pricy, but its the professional line of products. On the meguiars site they sell the tire dressing for 27, and the hyper dressing is 40. However they only come in gallon sizes. So it does last a long time. The hyper dressing is usually diluted like 3:1 or 4:1, and its some thick stuff lemme tell ya.

I will keep a look out for cheaper prices. Also the place that i get my stuff from locally , carries all their products, and for detailing businesses who use them they get free labeled spray bottles and nozzles for all the products.

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
I'm a huge fan of #74 and #13.

How do you guys feel about them.

Edit: Also #23...I mean holy cow #23 rocks.

Dude, if you like the shine from #74, you should try #37 or #33!
Simply UNBELIEVABLE!
I have to agree with #13 and #23 though, those are hard to beat, provided you've washed and claybared and apply it with a 7inch makita grinder.

alpnst

Reaction score
For a good shine!

Try using Griot's vinyl and rubber dressing. 8oz for 9.99. The stuff works great on everything. I like to use it on on a rag and clean all my rubber door gaskets. It also makes tires look like new, not that fake wet crap. If you like that look though, they have long lasting tire dressing. I thought I would try it out, a little to glossy for my taste, but my tires look great even after two weeks. If I ever learn how to host pics I will get them up.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cowdogg said:
jfortier777 said:

Simply UNBELIEVABLE!
I have to agree with #13 and #23 though, those are hard to beat, provided you've washed and claybared and apply it with a 7inch makita grinder.

#33 is a QD.
#74 is a odor eliminator
#23 is another odor eliminator

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1293

alpnst

Reaction score
Here are pics with Griot's Long Lasting Tire Dressing

This first pic is of my tire two weeks after I applied Long lasting tire dressing. I love how it looks new and not super shiney. By the way, this was after a few rain storms and 2 washings.
You must be registered for see images

Same day just a different angle.
[/img]

Here is right after waxing about a week ago.

When I reapply it I will post those pics also.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
cowdogg said:
jfortier777 said:

Simply UNBELIEVABLE!

#33 is a QD.
#74 is a odor eliminator
#23 is another odor eliminator

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1293

LOL WTF!!!!!!