Moving driver's seat position ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitarzan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear I saw a thread on this a while back, but I can't find it now. :confused:

I'm pretty tall and would like to move my seat back an inch or more. Is there any way to do this?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta say if you were to get in a really bad wreck there is a chance the seat could move up or totally break loose. If you had someone rear end you at a high speed the chances are lower but you could end up in the trunk. Be careful with doing that, you can get some crazy bending moments by extending it like that.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan has made some of the metal brackets as in the diagram designed by BNJ-KJ.
We have not yet try to install one but it is on the list of things to do with him hopefully soon. I would like so see them 1/2 inch thick though, and I am not sure what he used for metal, but two could be welded together to make a thicker/stronger bracket.
I came across these http://misch4x4.com/bigboy_brackets.html and wonder if they would work on KJ!