Mounting D Ring Shackles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano104

Reaction score
I thought I would be different and Mount some D-Ring shackles up front, instead of the tow hooks. In the Army our Hummers didn't have hooks they had the d-rings, so I think I'm going to go that route.

I tried to search the forums, but could find no info. Okay now the problem, has anyone ever tried this? If so how did you mount them?

skipperb

Reaction score
Try these ,they fit an TJ but if you take the tow hooks off of the Liberty.you will see thay have two bolts holding the hooks to the Bracket. Not positive but you can check the pattern with any tow hook

Rampage Universal D-Ring Shackle, Black, CJ, Wrangler, 1972-05
2006, Four Wheel Drive Hardware catalog
Product Sku: 506505

Our Low Price: $39.99

Rampage Universal D-Ring Shackle, Chrome, CJ, Wrangler, 1972-05 (505505)

This shackle fits 1972-05 CJ’s, Wranglers using the existing front bumper mounting holes. Shackle kit can also be mounted on any flat surface on the frame of any vehicle using the supplied nuts and bolts. Locate a suitable location on the frame and using housing as a template, drill 1/2" holes in the frame for any two of the holes in the housing. You can also use any existing holes in the frame if you wish.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

My next mod