motor orange lighted with code P0234 & P0108

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
Hi CRD friends ;),

I just buy my first KJ 2.8L CRD to a guy who drive less than 15 mile per day during 10 years and not everyday.. it didnt drive during 6 months last year because he bought a Suzuki Samurai.
So i drive and by chance i need to drive every week 300 kms... At the first 500 kms i had no reel accelleration, dangerous car, then it came...
I made the following maintenance after the power came back later with my 500 kms drive: diesel gasoline filter, air filter, motor oil changed, oil filter, EGR additive cleaner in the diesel tank and this part in picture advised by the local garage.
I have to look to find the following hose replacement too.
So the warning motor is still there even erasing the code myself with easy EOBD sofware on iphone.
Any idea guys ?
Can you confirm if i need 5W40 or 5W30 with the 6 liters motor oil ? I used 5W30 but i am not sure about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0526.PNG
    IMG_0526.PNG
    137 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 5
  • KJ CRD 2.8L auto front leak.jpg
    KJ CRD 2.8L auto front leak.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 6

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Hope translate work ok…

Comment corriger le code P0234 ?
Les réparations les plus courantes pour résoudre un P0234 sont :
Confirmez le code avec un scanner OBD-II et réinitialisez le code de diagnostic. ...
Remplacer le capteur de pression de suralimentation défectueux (commun)
Remplacez le turbocompresseur ou la soupape de décharge du compresseur.
Réparez ou remplacez les tuyaux de soupape de décharge endommagés, en supprimant les plis ou les blocages.

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
I finally found the right place the MAP sensor (22) was located...I put in place the SKBPS-039002 and erase the defects codes twice, one before start and 2nd time after 4 kms drive. 0234 re-appear. 4 kms back home seems ok ;)
I will clean and keep the original BOSCH MAP in case of...
Unfortunately, both code came back after 10 kms. I stopped driving after 50 kms kms and replace with the original bosch. The new one got dark already...
How to solde this ?

Attachments

• Capteur 68031593AA Pression et Temp Air 22.jpg
    Capteur 68031593AA Pression et Temp Air 22.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.8L CRD MAP sensor view 1.jpeg
    2.8L CRD MAP sensor view 1.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.8L CRD MAP sensor mounted.jpeg
    2.8L CRD MAP sensor mounted.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 11
  • defaut 0234 apres changement du MAP à effacer de nouveau et Ok.png
    defaut 0234 apres changement du MAP à effacer de nouveau et Ok.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

senatorjohn

Reaction score
code P0234 has started to show on mine. Can clear but so far comes back. Will continue working on it and let you know the outcome. I mostly use ausjeepoffroad forum and the American Lostjeep.

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
My garage changed the 4 glow plug from 11V to 5V new ( i buy the spare parts, he do the job). Sure one of the glow plug was dead, now sound better and powerful. my apps tools to erase default is down, anyway motor orange lightning come and leave by himself. The only remaining problem i have is sometimes loss of power. I stop the KJ, restart and then powerful again.

Latest posts

Members online