Mopar 6.5inch subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJawsOfDeath

Reaction score
hey everyone. this is actually my 1st post here, been hanging out at L.O.S.T. KJ site and just found out about this one.

Anyway as of right now my system consists of two kicker comp 12" subs in a sealed enclosure with an MTX 421D amp, factory deck. It really pounds, but I could stand more powerful midbass as I listen to a lot of metal, and that would really add some punch to the sound.

Are the mopar self contained/powered 80w 6.5" subs any good? 6 1/2 inches seems really small for a sub, but its attractive in how clean and simple it would be to stick these under my front seats. I want some butt rumbling bass, lol. Someone on a jeep forum managed to fit an 8" sub under the drivers seat, but there was a fair amount of custom work involved. Im worried my kickers might just drown out the mopar subs. anyone here have them, any suggestions or reviews? Thanks guys!

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subwoofers do not make good midbass drivers. Bad subwoofers make even worse midbass drivers. Replacing te stock speaker locations with good aftermarket drivers is a much better idea.