Miss It Already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iakj11

Reaction score
Long time lurker on this forum. I had my KJ CRD for a few years and really enjoyed it. All good things come to an end though, and I sold it a few weeks ago. I have some extra suspension parts I want to post in the for sale section, but I assume I can't do that until I've made at least one post elsewhere. Thought folks might like to see a picture of my jeep all polished up and ready to go to its new owner...
You must be registered for see images attach

It came to me with the flat hood and grill conversion, but otherwise stock. I enjoyed modding it up, and using it for light off road adventures and towing.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

JP85

Reaction score
Do you have details on the roof cross bars? I’ve been looking to get some and like the way these look.

iakj11

Reaction score
They are Reese brand. 48". I bought them used only a few months before I sold the jeep. Cross bars themselves were solid. Only thing to be desired was the clamps that held them to the oem rails weren't exactly the right shape and weren't super secure.

iakj11

Reaction score
What rims are those?
16" steels off of a JK. Back when I got my KJ they were a dime a dozen used from guys pimping out their wranglers. I had three matching sets of them at one point. Cheap way to replace tires. Anyway, had to do wheel adapters for the bolt pattern. Went with Spidertrax and had no problems.

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooooh, I see. I suspected they were JK rims. Adapters! Of course. There are tons for sale around here and I was wondering how you got them to fit. I think they look good!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooooh, I see. I suspected they were JK rims. Adapters! Of course. There are tons for sale around here and I was wondering how you got them to fit. I think they look good!
Stock KJ wheels look almost the same and actually fit right

iakj11

Reaction score
Yes, there is a style of stock KJ wheels that looks similar. I've even seen them in black, but not sure if they were painted. The JK wheels were definitely more plentiful around here used with decent tires on them. Many of the circa 2015 JKs had 245/75/r16s which is about right for a KJ with a mild lift. That wheel/tire with the 1.25 inch thick adapters caused me to need to pound the pinch welds and trim a bit of the front air dam. Pretty typical. The Bridgestone Duelers those wheels all came with aren't the most aggressive tire profile, so that helped with fit.

Nowadays it seems like the used JK wheels are mostly 17s, which I think would be tight on a KJ.

Latest posts

Members online