Minnesota, anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I see a road trip in HJ's future?

i think all 3 of us should make the trip, and theres another lifted libby in rochester that would probably be down. i just want a little more info on their 4x4 trails.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I need to get the rest of my skids, but after that I think I might be good.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think all 3 of us should make the trip, and theres another lifted libby in rochester that would probably be down. i just want a little more info on their 4x4 trails.

Here's some more info in this thread. Not a lot of 4x4 specific info.

I'm in the same boat as HJ. Need engine and fuel tank skids., and should flesh out my recovery gear, as I am not really lifted much.

Maybe we could set up a meet somewhere in the next month or so?

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we can always just take it easy. im pretty sure it would be the first ever MN meet

03 JEEP KJ BIG BLUE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaking of skid plates.... i got a front skid but no bolts. anyone know what size and how many i need? i have not had much time to work on my Jeep and was hoping to pick some up and come home and pop it on before the weekend

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaking of skid plates.... i got a front skid but no bolts. anyone know what size and how many i need? i have not had much time to work on my Jeep and was hoping to pick some up and come home and pop it on before the weekend

I just put Trans and TC skids on a few weeks ago. I'm thinking all the skids use the same size bolts, but I'm not sure. If I remember correctly they were around 8-9mm and 1-1.5" long. You may also need to find the correct nutzerks that mount into the undercarriage.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool pics. You can really see the red in the mud and water. Any issues with staining from the iron oxide?

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ya, I'd be down for some trails (if time and money permit). I just wish there was something closer to Rochester. I actually just came back from Duluth this afternoon! All the road construction on I-35 made it a dreadfully long trip!

03 JEEP KJ BIG BLUE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks like a blast. i have heard of a few people talk about gilbert trails. looks like a good time. especially if we can get more than 2 or 3 of us KJ's out there. i would be totally down if i can find some one to watch my kid for the weekend. i know the wife would love to come.

Downtown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool pics. You can really see the red in the mud and water. Any issues with staining from the iron oxide?

Yes. It stains everything. It took a couple months before my stock steel wheels didn't have an orange hue to them.

There are parts of my undercarriage that are still stained orange.

Just last week, I hosed out the piece of frame that sits just behind the sway bar... I was there in May of 2007
There was still a crapload of mud left in there and it stained the concrete gutter in front of my driveway

Here are some pictures from the group I was with - http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=uqridwd.4eelzril&x=0&y=hetoa5

Last edited:

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I float around on the forum but dont post a lot here. More so on MN-Jeep.com. Anyhow just got some new wheels so if you see me give me a wave.

You must be registered for see images attach

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were up in Northern MN a few weeks ago. There are some really nice two-tracks up in the Chippewa National Forest. Even found a couple of trails that ran along the Mississippi River.
It would make for a nice weekend trip for you folks in MN. I've got some pics posted here:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showpost.php?p=545974&postcount=41400

That looks nice. I wanna make it up there sometime. I was in Paul Bunyan State Forest a couple of years ago before I got the liberty. Wish I would have had it then. Last year I was up around Leech Lake and found some MM roads that led to some old logging trails. Wish I would have been with someone or I would have gone further.

jeepfrog

Reaction score
If you do ever decide to hit up any of the forest service roads up in Chippewa, I highly recommend picking up a motor vehicle use map from the local ranger station. They are updated regularly (at least once a year) and highly detailed as far as location and length of trails.