mfg warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfin49

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know where I can get specific warranty info?
I just got a 2006 liberty with just over 20K on it, so apparently it is still under warranty.
Any info I have been able to find is kinda vague, including what a dealereship told me.
(I did not buy from dealership)
Thanks in advance

aksloan

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know where I can get specific warranty info?
I just got a 2006 liberty with just over 20K on it, so apparently it is still under warranty.
Any info I have been able to find is kinda vague, including what a dealereship told me.
(I did not buy from dealership)
Thanks in advance

I just called Jeep Customer Service and they transferred the remaining warranty over to me. You need to know date of purchase, VIN, odometer reading at time of purchase, selling dealer/owner name and address and a credit card if there is a charge for transferring the warranty ($100 - $150 I do believe). They will then tell you what remaining warranties you have left along with miles remaining and ending date to the warranties.

PS, After you register it send an email to customer service and ask for a build sheet for your Libby. It's handy to know what you have and don't have.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No matter what you have the 3year/36,000mile bumber-to-bumber warrenty since it is a '06 and it's only '08 and you are under 36,000miles,unless the VIN was flagged(due to mods done) or have a salavage title.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
No matter what you have the 3year/36,000mile bumber-to-bumber warrenty since it is a '06 and it's only '08 and you are under 36,000miles,unless the VIN was flagged(due to mods done) or have a salavage title.
Well there MAY have been a service contract purchased on the vehicle. If so a transfer fee is required. HOWEVER they should have mentioned that when he called.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I went to my closest dealer and he transferred the remainder of warranty to me, no charge. :D I pay a $100.00 deductible for any warranty service. So I usually wait and get a few things done at once.

Latest posts

Members online