maintenance recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caleb6

Reaction score
Hey all. New to this forum. Bought my liberty brand new in Dec 2001. 191,000 miles now. Had a Jasper Trans put in around 45,000 miles, and I put in two radiators so far. Everything else is original.

I don't offroad at all. In fact, this was my wife's daily driver for most of those miles.

Anyway, heat *****. Just removed the front driveshaft today, after stumbling across this site searching for front driveshaft repair. Its been making a clicking noise for about four years.

So, what do you guys suggest for maintenance? A lot probably, right?

caleb6

Reaction score
Let me add, I do change my fluids with red line fluids, drain and refill my coolant every two years, and generally am a DIY'r. Mine its an auto Trans.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Change front and rear diff.fluid,transfer case fluid. Maybe have trans flushed at the dealer.At least change filter and the fluid that comes out. The drive shaft is a pretty easy fix. The details to all this is in here.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome on the forum!

Yep flusing every single luquid is a good start.
For the clicking noise, have any idea where it come from? front, rear, left right?
Any more info about that?

Latest posts

Members online