maglite mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sick to death of it bangin around underneath my seat so im lookin to either buy or make a mount for my 2D maglite. does anyone kno of a mount which requires no drilling (i dont want to put uneccessary holes in anything. if not wheres the best spot to mount the maglite and ill get to work on my mount

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a couple of big metal cable clips with rubber inserts from a local hardware shop and mounted them onto 2 holes in the side of the seat frame and my torch slides in a treat and doesn't rattle. Its not a mag lite but the same size. :D

Blue KJ in PA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used mag light mounts that i got at Home Depot in the flashlight section holding the 4 D cell on the drivers side seat and the 3 cell on the passenger side seat...
You must be registered for see images

jeepskate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep my 3 D-cell maglite in the little channel between the base of the driver's seat and the door. Just a velcro strap holds it tight against the seat base.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
What is wrong with drilling holes? A Jeep isn't yours until you drill that first hole in it. :)

I've drilled several holes in my WK, felt good while doing it too. :)

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only problem with drillin holes is if i ever feel like sellin it im thinkin ill use the "official" maglite mounts and just machine a plate of aluminum so that i can use holes that are drilled from the factory but thanks for the advice guys

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drill away, I drilled mine, it is easy and really, noone will look there, it looks factory. How are you going to secure the plate there? Zipties?

goob2k

Reaction score
It's just 4 little tiny holes. One of the most useful mods I've done.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drill away, I drilled mine, it is easy and really, noone will look there, it looks factory. How are you going to secure the plate there? Zipties?

the 2 holes that are drilled in the side of the seat bracket from the factory is where ill mount the plate...normally i like to modify the shit out of everything but after spending all my money on the kj im gunna try to avoid putting extra holes in it lol

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drill away for you will get great satisfaction the first time you drill your jeep!

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drill away for you will get great satisfaction the first time you drill your jeep!

That sounds sooooo dirty. Love it. I drill my Jeep on a regular basis.:D

-extended bumpstops, drilled
-ARB Bumper install, forced to drill some more
-plastic fender liners, drilled to put some rivets in
-pinch weld pounding, drilled to fit and rivet into place metal panels at base of wheelwell.
-skid install, more drilling

Never get tired of drilling.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine to the seat bracket. I think I used one or two of the wholes that was already in the bracket. I can't be sure on that. It's been a long time since I installed them. Plus you won't notice the extra holes in it if you remove them. it's not like the first thing ppl look at is the seat bracket.

You must be registered for see images attach

Plus drilling wholes for the mag lite brackets is nothing. Try Drilling into a your front bumper to install off road lights when your KJ is only 7 months old. That was nerve racking for me lol.

Messure twice (or 10 times). Drill once.

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine to the seat bracket. I think I used one or two of the wholes that was already in the bracket. I can't be sure on that. It's been a long time since I installed them. Plus you won't notice the extra holes in it if you remove them. it's not like the first thing ppl look at is the seat bracket.

You must be registered for see images attach

Plus drilling wholes for the mag lite brackets is nothing. Try Drilling into a your front bumper to install off road lights when your KJ is only 7 months old. That was nerve racking for me lol.

Messure twice (or 10 times). Drill once.

Yeah the guy i got my KJ from must of not known how to measure.. I got it when it was 3 yrs old, not sure how long he had it for but he installed the cheapy foglights on the bumper, and used SMS (sheet metal screws) there were 4 different spots where the lights were previously mounted then ripped out and he just picked a new spot and same thing. One funny thing is i measured when i got it and none of the holes matched on each side..
But hey thats just one reason why i could actually afford my 06 KJ :D

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have no problem with drilling for stuff like a bumper and those sorts of mods but im aiming to keep the inside factory for the most part

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never got around to getting a mount for mine. I slid it between the passenger seat and console and it stays put so there it stays. I have a fire extinguisher between the drivers side seat bracket and door.

But my jeep has been drilled elsewhere.....:D

Dave

jeepskate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just use a velcro strap

Here's my system. Cheap, secure and no holes. The velcro strap is from Home Depot. The blue pad is an extra one supplied with a bike helmet and it just cushions the free end so it doesn't tap against the seat bracket. I know it looks a little too simple, but it works really well. The hump in the floor keeps the flashlight from sliding forward and the shape of the flashlight keeps it from sliding back through the strap. The strap is tight enough to keep the flashlight from sliding back through but loose enough that you can lift up the front end and slide it out quickly when you need it. I have used this system almost since the Jeep was new and the flashlight has never come loose even in heavy wheeling. It's hard to believe until you try it, but this does the job. And yeah, I know the carpet's dirty.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it best to not use a mag lite at all when I'm burying bodies in the woods. Someone might see the light and call the cops.

What?