Lurching when in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscgbazz

Reaction score
Do y'all's liberty's lurch when backing up especially if on an incline or with a bit of weight in it? My 2007 liberty backs up very roughly, lurching and surging more so with any incline or weight in it.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do y'all's liberty's lurch when backing up especially if on an incline or with a bit of weight in it? My 2007 liberty backs up very roughly, lurching and surging more so with any incline or weight in it.

There have been a couple threads about this but I'm a loss of what to search for. There should be some sort of reflash for the ****** that the dealer should be able to provide FOR FREE. I remember the last time it came up, however, the dealer didn't want to do it for free.

The reflash SHOULD tackle this exact issue.

EDIT:

Found this:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/vibration-reverse-uphill-53665/

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be free to flash it but they will charge you to look at it to make sure that is the issue. At least that is what I was told, $100 just to look at it and tell me if it needs the reflash or not. Mine does the vibration in reverse but not in 4low.