lucky me!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped by my sisters this saturday to visit for a while and met one of my bro-in-laws buddys who in turn sold to yours truly a 93 grand with very slight front end damage(pass fender & headlight assy.)rest of the body spotless 128,000 miles for get this $100.00.He hit a deer with it last
fall and figures he's not mechanical enough to fix it and his wife wants it gone so, LUCKY ME!!!

Dusty

2003KJ

Reaction score
If it's got the 4.0 in it you got a hell of a deal (probably has the AW4 ****** bolted to it as well).

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's got the 4.0 in it you got a hell of a deal (probably has the AW4 ****** bolted to it as well).

If that's the case, that drivetrain is just now getting broke in at 128,000 miles. That is the buy of the year. You can't buy a good tire for $100 never mind a whole jeep anywhere I know of.

Congrats.

Dave

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish I could get pics but no way to put on puter thinkin of a 2" lift and some 30's as the wife will be driving it mostly in winter (much better than her mustang)

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will have the specs tomorrow when I pick it up. I drive truck for a living so it had to wait till this weekend for me to get it It has the 4.0 but I'm interested in the axles when it dies, I'm figurein sas for my KJ but we'll see how it goes. It'll be easier to work it all out once it's in my yard.

Dusty

2003KJ

Reaction score
Axles are gonna both be Dana's....but I don't recall which at the moment (I believe one is a D35, but I could be wrong).

You'd be better off keeping the 8.25 rear axle in the KJ....but You might could consider doing a SFA conversion on the KJ with the front axle from the ZJ.....idea.gif

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinkin but I didn't say it around the wife cause I just lifted the KJ an she'd blow a gasket if she heard I was thinkin about pullin it all out, of course Grands do fairly well with along arm lift.

Dusty

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I was mislead the guy who owned it told me it was a Grand but I have to admit a regular Cherokee for a hundred is still a good deal that's right I said it, told me he had a Grand but had just a regular Cherokee I still bought it, I mean it was only a hundred bucks.

Dusty

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
regular cherokee eh? even BETTER!

heck, 128K...it's just gettin broke in!

Ditto.............It has to be a 4.0 with the AW4. Selec-trac if you're real lucky. Anyway you slice it, what a deal.

Let us know the spec's.

Dave

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.0 dana 35's auto all pretty standard stuff. Just stopped at the local salvage yard and scored all the parts I need to fix it for 200.00. So a 300 dollar Jeep not bad ;) Later this year it'll be gettin a 3" lift to start, after winter I'll probly stuff another 2" under it with some long arms and to think my wife said she didn't care what I did with that old Jeep.

Dusty

2003KJ

Reaction score
If it's an XJ, it should have a Dana 30 up front, and if it's got ABS a Dana 35 out back.....if no ABS...it might have the Chrysler 8.25 (basically the same as the 8.25 in the KJ's...only a different spline count). Can't recall however if the 8.25 was the standard rear end on the XJ at that point in time.

If it is a 35, don't go too crazy with tire size after that 3" lift....the 35's can't take too big of a tire before you have a broken axle.

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 32 was about as big as I was gonna go for the tire I don't wanna get all crazy with gearing and all that would kinda take away from a "cheap Jeep" I'll be makin almost all of my parts for the susp. I should be able to have it almost complete (besides the cost of the tires) for under a grand , at least thats the plan.

Dusty