Lower control arm install advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron2345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked around and can't find a decent how to on replacing lower control arms on an 03 Any info hints tips would be cool. I feel like it should be straight forward but if you e done this and have any advice it'd be much appreciated

seabass1858

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Split the lower ball joint, unbolt the clevis fork from its bushing, take both front and rear cam bolt out but note the exact position they were in because it makes it easier for who ever is doing your alignment. I did the exact same thing to install all new bushings and believe me when I tell you BenGay is your best friend because after pounding and pounding on the clevis fork bushing to remove it, that you will need it because your arm will be sore and after 3 days you feel like you got carpal tunnel.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Had to cut the bolts on mine,then replaced arms and bolts. Bolts are 50+ from dealer. the bolts are harder than chinese arithmetic. Used a torch on the last one of mine,exciting.