Lotek Gauge Pod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Lotek gauge pod for my Liberty and I want to know if the gauges I have will fit. The pods appear to accept 2" gauges but how deep?

I've used the forum's search function but only found a single mention of the gauge pods.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done some searching on the web and I think I've found some better gauges for my gauge pod project which leads me to a second question, which two gauges should I chose?

Definitely I'm putting in a transmission temperature gauge. To maximize my fuel mileage should I be looking at a vacuum gauge or a gauge that monitors vacuum & boost?

Also all the gauges that I'm finding are 2 1/16" not 2" round.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a diesel do a gauge with both but naturally Aspirated is just vacuum.

JeepKj03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest an oil pressure gauge. Can tell you how your pressure is doing before the idiot light comes on and it’s too late.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, keep them coming.

First: I have an Autel MaxiTrip auto computer plugged into my OBD2 port and it provide me with a bunch of info as to what's going on under the hood but it lacks the transmission temperature.

Second: I have a gas engine or as the diesel Libby owners call it a "spark infested" engine. Thanks for the explanation about the different uses of a vacuum & vacuum/boost gauge. I was curious about that.

Third: On my 04 Libby I do have an "oh shit" handle on the driver's side that I'll lose when I install the door pillar gauge console. I'll just have to drive more careful and I won't need an "oh shit" handle.

Somebody gave me a link to a neat all in one gauge called an Ecometer but it only works in vehicles above 07.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the scangauge. A few here have it and love it.
If memory serves right someone posted a good Price for one here later last year and the price was still good recently.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the scangauge. A few here have it and love it.
If memory serves right someone posted a good Price for one here later last year and the price was still good recently.

Scangauge won't give Trans temp.

So my vote is Trans temp and Oil pressure.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you fit a transmission temperature gauge, where would you install the temperature sending unit?
In the ****** pan?
In-line before the transmission cooler?
Or in-line after the ****** cooler?

I've heard that if you do it right, you can put it right in the valve body.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id heard in the line leaving the ******. as thats the hottest.

For simplicity, I've also read about people just putting a TEE fitting in the line-- the line leaving the transmission because it's still hot enough to give you a true reading based on what's actually going on in the valve body.

If someone does it, a how-to would be awesome.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I've heard back from Lo-Tek. The Liberty pillar gauge pod will accept 2 1/16" round gauge, 2" deep & they ship to Canada for about $23.

I've checked my local auto supply stores and they don't have much of a selection of gauges and the prices are steep. Sometimes the sender unit is sold separate from the gauge.

Right now I'm looking at Auto Meter gauges from Summit Racing.
trans gauge
You must be registered for see images attach

vacuum gauge
You must be registered for see images attach

Can't tell if they are illuminated but I'm guessing they are.