Lost the "Unibrow" look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shortly after I bought my Libby four years ago I bought a bug deflector for the leading edge of the hood.
You must be registered for see images attach

But it doesn't really deflect the bugs off of the windshield, it's hard to clean under it and it gives my Libby the "Unibrow" look :p

So today I took it off.
You must be registered for see images attach

So what do you think? Looks a lot nicer doesn't?
Maybe I'll pull the rear deflector off next.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it looks better off.

Dave

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No more Grocho marx

LMAO.... good one!!

Sweet looking Libby. The Pro Comps look excellent! How do they ride (what load range are they) and how many mpg did you lose (if any) compared with the OEM P235/70R16s? Thx

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO.... good one!!

Sweet looking Libby. The Pro Comps look excellent! How do they ride (what load range are they) and how many mpg did you lose (if any) compared with the OEM P235/70R16s? Thx

I think my Procomps are load range E. I've had them on for about a year now and find they work well in snow & dirt but I'm not too positive about on rocks & in mud. They aren't showing any sign of wear and are noisy on the road but I don't think they've affected my gas mileage. I get about 17 to 21 MPG with my current setup but if I took the roof basket off I'd get even better.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
looks good. unfortunately every time i see one with the deflector on ill think of Uner Brow from austin powers...

thanks!

You must be registered for see images

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are good for protecting the lead edge of the hood from rock chips... but you can get a clear vinyl tape-like sticker to put over the same surface that does the same job and doesn't cut into aerodynamics, and doesn't cause wind noise, and doesn't cause the "lacking-a-chromosome" appearance

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always kind of liked the bug deflector. We had one on our KJ and liked it.

Someone has to be the voice of dissension...especially since I don't have a KJ anymore. LOL

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
So what do you think? Looks a lot nicer doesn't?
Maybe I'll pull the rear deflector off next.

I like that look much better personally! I hate the look of the bug shields, but if you're going to loose the rear one I might be interested in it. I live on a gravel road and my back glass is always covered with dust and that deflector is supposed to prevent that. Also I'm curious do you have how to written up on your grille light bar? I'd like to see how you fab'd it up.

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my Procomps are load range E. I've had them on for about a year now and find they work well in snow & dirt but I'm not too positive about on rocks & in mud. They aren't showing any sign of wear and are noisy on the road but I don't think they've affected my gas mileage. I get about 17 to 21 MPG with my current setup but if I took the roof basket off I'd get even better.

LF... thanks for the info.

Moab

Reaction score
Way Better off.
BTW what size wheels are you using with your Pro Comp tires?
16X7 or 16X8

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You made the best choice. i don't think the dark bug reflector matched the overall look of your KJ.

Second in line right after Blue for that rear air deflector. Have the exact same issue with.

How about an insider's opinion? Does this rear air deflector actually work?