Losse window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, when I lower my drivers side window it seems to chatter down, I belive its losse, how do I tighten it?

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what i read, you have to put in new guide rails. Though i really wouldnt worry about it, most cars windows chatter bit if they are part way down.

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pull the door panel off and lube the guide thing the window slides on with some white lithium grease or similar. I say this because shortly after the window chatter began on mine the regulator broke and that can be an inconveniently costly repair. I also believe this may prolong the life of the regulator assembly. Hope that helps.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine do the same thing but only when the glass is wet...............

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what i read, you have to put in new guide rails. Though i really wouldnt worry about it, most cars windows chatter bit if they are part way down.
Nope, window chatter on any vehicle (excepy a Yugo), is not normal. As stated above, over time it can and will lead to a screwed up regulator.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it goes up and down perfectly smooth, just if you leave it part way down and you hit bumps it chatters. Would this be covered by warranty? it goes in for inspection at the dealership on tuesday

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it goes up and down perfectly smooth, just if you leave it part way down and you hit bumps it chatters. Would this be covered by warranty? it goes in for inspection at the dealership on tuesday

mine has always done that too. If you roll it up or down some it will stop. :)

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everycar i have ever been in does it when it is at a certain point. Thats why its never bothered me.