Looking for bull/brush bar reccomendations??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have been looking around at brush/bull bars. What type do you like? Good or bad experiences? I was looking at a ARB but the expenses and weight are a concern for me. I didn't get the HD coil for my lift.

What is the best bang for my buck in a bull/brush bar?

Which ones would be winch compatable if I want to add one in the future??

Thanks for your insight!!!

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for winch compatibility, your options are really the ARB, the TJM, and a Rock Lizard. I believe they are all in the same price range however. My recommendation would be to not spend the money on a cheap one and end up wanting the ARB (firsthand experience speaking here).

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always get a hidden front hitch w/ a winch attachment or you can give THIS a shot if you are good in fabricating/welding or you know someone who is.

KJ2005

Reaction score
The ARB Bull bar looks awesome but for 900.00, vs detour USA's 300.00 winch hardware, it's a hard sell. http://www.detoursusa.com/kjbackbone.php

the detour seems like it requires minor cutting to fit, are there other bolt on kits to install a winch out there that require no cutting?

I know a winch and hooks are invaluable on trails, but as a newbie, I want to know how many people that have bullbars on their KJ have had to use them on the trail? Is the full bar bar setup worth the extra cost?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for winch compatibility, your options are really the ARB, the TJM, and a Rock Lizard. I believe they are all in the same price range however. My recommendation would be to not spend the money on a cheap one and end up wanting the ARB (firsthand experience speaking here).

i was almost sure you where going to say a get a westin w/ a 5000lb champ power equipment winch bolted to it. =D

Aquaman safty tip: DONT do a westin w/ a winch bolted to the front
I always get wench and winch confused, which wench is winch? =D
A lady bolted to the front of your bumper not a good idea either...

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends a after market bar will increase you approach angle and give you a bit more room for fitting those big meats we all want