Looking at getting 06' Limited Liberty Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codeman

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Looking to buy an 06' limited liberty diesel. No rust, only 74,000 miles. I would want to make a few adjustments once I bought it and wanted to see what I would be in for. I would want to put on a 2 inch lift or 2.5. How much would I be looking at spending and do you recommend and brands/kits? also how much for install? Thanks

Oh yeah, and what size tires are best for that size lift on a liberty , don't want any rubbing of the tires though.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Looking to buy an 06' limited liberty diesel. No rust, only 74,000 miles. I would want to make a few adjustments once I bought it and wanted to see what I would be in for. I would want to put on a 2 inch lift or 2.5. How much would I be looking at spending and do you recommend and brands/kits? also how much for install? Thanks

Oh yeah, and what size tires are best for that size lift on a liberty , don't want any rubbing of the tires though.

(welcome)

That sounds like a really nice find - low miles on a diesel like that makes in practically new ;)

The CRD's are a little different when it comes to lifts since the front diff is shifted to the left/driver's side to accommodate the diesel - so you can't lift as high as a gas KJ. You should have no problem fitting a 2.5" lift and run up to 245/75-16 tires. An OME lift with just a couple of mods (clevis lift and an upper isolator above the rear springs) will get you to 2.5". Will run you around $850 or so from JBAOffroad.com.

There are maintenance things you'll want to take care of with the CRD that are unique to that vehicle (timing belt, EGR, turbo hoses, etc.) that few on this board are familiar with. However, head on over to LOSTJeeps.com in the KJ section under "CRD: Love That Torque" and you'll find a very helpful community that knows everything you need for the CRD.

Keep us posted :waytogo:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME lift
use 790 springs in the front, rear 948
use the OME front shocks and then can use Bilstein for the rear
Teraflex bumpstops for the front
2 hockey pucks per side bolted down to the rear spring perches
I've done a couple of them now for customers
Have some pictures if you want to see

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Codeman. Enjoy your new jeep and the forum.

Dave

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You will need to go OME to lift a crd. If I had done more research on liberties before I bought mine, I would have loved to have bought a crd.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hate to show this one this is the one the guy ripped me off on!:favorites68::favorites68::favorites68::favorites68::favorites68::favorites68::favorites68:
OME790/948s JBA UCAs , top plate in front and extra upper iso in the back , pinch welds pounded over , 2 hockey pucks per side in the rear etc

before, sitting 3/4 of an inch lower then stock, sitting beside my 04 " slightly lifted " Kilimanjaro Edition

You must be registered for see images attach

after sitting at 3 inches plus