Look what Santa (or Pilgrims) brought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

It is not a big deal but still, it is something I have been putting off doing, I hope it is worth it.
It is steering wheel control module for wired remote input on aftermarket radios. I just need to figure out where to stash the module.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet i might get one of those let me know how your install goes i have a JVC AVX11 with a remote so what functions will work from the remote

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little bit of warning, I had some troubles with the color of the wiring with that. The FSM and the directions from PAC were wrong on the color.

I ended up using an OHM meter to find the correct wire. Let me know if you cant figure it out and Ill check to see what color of wire I had to use.

Let me know where you put the sensor. I drilled a small hole in the side of the steering wheel cover and stuck it there but it doesnt work well. It needs to be infront of the thing somewhere but I dont want it visible.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Blake. This is supposed to be the second gen SWI series, the older ones were more complicated, and as per the book, only one wire is used.. I guess it works by identifying the frequency, instead of using several wires. Did you have problems finding power or the control wire? I noticed all wires are visible from underneath the steering wheel cover.

I was thinking of hiding it somewhere behind the kick panel with double sided 10lbs rated gel tape.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been so long since I put mine in I cant remember what exactly I had to hook up. I dont remember having any problems finding the power but I had all that labeled from when I put the head unit in.

The wire that was hard to find was the wire coming from the steering wheel controls. Youve got to tap into that wire so the pac adapter knows which button youre hitting, then it sends out a signal to the head unit just like a remote would. It was a different color than what the FSM or the instructions that came with the Pac adapter said it should be..

I just stuck it behind the head unit somewhere, I didnt care.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wires look long enough to hide it anywhere. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online