Long term reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NavyStore

Reaction score
Congrats!

I looked at the 2022 Sahara with the SkySlider and you should be better protected with it than on the Liberty. From my view, the attachment struts are integrated to be flush with the roof, offering better protection of the guideways. It also looks like the hardware is made of aluminum, so they likely will last when compared to the plastic ones used on Liberty's.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

I looked at the 2022 Sahara with the SkySlider and you should be better protected with it than on the Liberty. From my view, the attachment struts are integrated to be flush with the roof, offering better protection of the guideways. It also looks like the hardware is made of aluminum, so they likely will last when compared to the plastic ones used on Liberty's.
This is my hope as well, it’s been around for a few years now with barely any complaints. So far we love it!

Jeep Ride

Reaction score
I've found two 08 liberty's one with the sky slider with 240 thousand miles for $4500 the other one with 150 thousand miles for $7000 seems like a lot for the mileage I guess I'll keep looking don't really need another vehicle anyway.Like to have a Jeep though if I could find the right deal.lol

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've found two 08 liberty's one with the sky slider with 240 thousand miles for $4500 the other one with 150 thousand miles for $7000 seems like a lot for the mileage I guess I'll keep looking don't really need another vehicle anyway.Like to have a Jeep though if I could find the right deal.lol
Definitely avoid the sky slider. When it breaks it cannot be fixed for under $3K.

Scooter 1991

Reaction score
If my skyslider breaks, I'm gonna rip it out and replace it with glass lol ***** spending 3k on it

Jeep Ride

Reaction score
If my skyslider breaks, I'm gonna rip it out and replace it with glass lol ***** spending 3k on it
From what I've read there are no parts available anywhere to repair the roof I've seen couple videos of people getting creative with their repairs I found an 08 kk with the sky roof with 240 thousand miles for $4500 if there wasn't so many miles on it plus the roof I would go look at it they posted pics of the jeep everything but the roof

Latest posts

Members online