Local Blinn College Students killed in Liberty Crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
While this is sad, they also mentioned the Jeep burst into flames upon impact. I sure hope this thread doesn't go in the same direction as the last few from last week (i.e. gas tank exploding threads)

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems fishy to me. No mention of the KJ driver since they said the two were RIDING in the KJ. Front or side collision is not the same as rear end so something else caused the vehicle to burst into flames.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is kinda crazy that the guys in the truck were not seriously injured. :-s

Maybe the jeep hit the truck then they lost control and hit something else? :-k

marronea

Reaction score

2003KJ

Reaction score
Havoline said:
Yet another b...s... post by a paid basher. bs1.gif

Are you saying that Lea Ann posted a BS article? Just trying to see if I understand this correctly.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, she wouldnt of posted something like that.. Unless her CRD turned her against us! :-k ](*,)

O:)

Gasoline will always be flammable.. :-s

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is sad... But I don't believe this is a problem. The Last Cherokee, the last Grand Cherokee, the last Wrangler, even the Suzuki XL-7, all have the same type of gas tank, in the same area. And now suddenly it's a problem?
It was an accident, that just happened to be in a Liberty, and the previous topic is still fresh in our heads, so it's ringing a bell.

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ONLY reason why I posted it is because this happened not to far from where I live and here in East Texas things get blown out of whack!!

The media was all over that it was a "Jeep Liberty" and everywhere I go, someone sees me in my CRD and tells me, "you better be careful, it could explode if you are in a wreck like that one that killed them kids from Blinn".

I CALMLY explain to them to look at their car and tell me what makes their car "go" and they tell me "gas". I then tell them to imagine a wreck between a truck and your car and tell me that gas does not burn. They then turn around really really fast and leave.

I am sorry I did not post this after I posted that post but I had to go to bed, a friend and I were talkin about it, and so I put it on there really fast.

and to Havoline, I have been a member of this forum for almost 2 years, and surely you could look under my name and see that!! I know I have not been on here in a while but I have had a very sick little girl and have not had time to post every day!! so please, OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH (OR TYPE!! LOL)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lea Ann said:
and to Havoline, I have been a member of this forum for almost 2 years, and surely you could look under my name and see that!! I know I have not been on here in a while but I have had a very sick little girl and have not had time to post every day!! so please, OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH (OR TYPE!! LOL)

Woah. Take it down a little everyone. I think Havoline was talking about the bias of the author of the article, not Lea Ann. It is just like if someone posted a link from the New York Times or something and referenced the bias there.

This friggin gas tank thing just keeps coming up and causing problems.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I took it as he was referring to the person that wrote the article - he said "paid basher".

Dave

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole thing is ridiculous, and I'm sure that DCX is probally investigating as to the origins of this fecking rumor, because It's probally starting to cut into their sales...CARS DON'T BURST INTO FLAMES ON IMPACT-only in the movies...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, I still think it is stupid when people go and blame companies for so and so dying. Yeah, if the car was made of razor blades and glass, okay, but there is an implied risk as soon as you get in your car. I think it kinda goes along with the privilege not a right kinda thing.

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This from our local newstation again.

Not to add more "fuel to the fire" that I started up, but this wreck was hitting the headlines again!!
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/6603437.html

This does make me mad, because the recall they are referring to that "could cause an underbody fire" is the A/C recall I think...GO FIGURE!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's always sad when an accident involves fatalities. But without a proper investigation to determine exactly what happened before fireing off half cocked stories, it is just like blaming the spoon for making rosie o'donnell fat.

Dave

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Authorities say they are looking into whether alcohol played a role in the accident, but Armand says Parisa was a very smart, A-student, and even graduated from Reagan High early. They aren't ready to believe that she alone was responsible for two people's deaths.

Armand says the family simply doesn't know if Parisa was aware of those recall problems -- or had them taken care of. She had the Jeep for less than a year.

If she's so smart, she should be able to figure out a recall. Not exactly rocket science. [/rant]

And we all know college kids don't get in traffic accidents. It's clearly got to be something caused by the vehicle [/sarcasam]

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, its awesome how they can take something from no where and make i t seem like its an issue. I guess people that write those stories are the "desk" type and never get out much(Please dont let me offend anyone that works for a newspaper). Ive never heard of a balljoint failing while driving down the road, its when the wheel is turned. Thats when the balljoint is under the most force. The A/C will not cause the Jeep to catch on fire in an accident, gas will though.. Not to sure what the other recall was. O:)

Again, please do not get offended by what I said, it just kills me when people make BS about something. ](*,)

Members online

No members online now.